PDA

View Full Version : Question on targeting in PVP

radchris
06-09-2008, 11:35 AM
Dont know about you guys but Ive been a tab targeting warrior
since i started playing years ago. I use it to find my targets
and to switch mid fight. I hate it, its screwed me over so many times.

Heres my typical pvp targeting example:

While fighting a rogue I see a mage casting a frostbolt at me.
I tab target to the mage, intecept then pummel a frostbolt. Then tab to my healer and intervene/disarm the rogue. Then i spam tab to retarget the mage, but im usually cycling through wrong targets. Which makes me lose precious seconds mid fight.

So How do you target and switch targets mid fight, am I missing something here?

Soupa
06-09-2008, 01:15 PM
Mouse moves.
I assume when you say you target your healer to intervene... you are using ctrl+tab.
I would perhaps find a better party/raid frames addon to use. Perhaps there are some enemy units frames out there, but I really only worry about them in arenas, and there I use Proximo and ProxDim.

Mouse move and click is my preferred method of targetting, be it thru raid frames or thru their character on screen.

Soupa-Fly

**Edit** Default, you can use F1 - F5 to target people in your own party. These can also be setup to your liking if you don't have Banana hands like I do ( Regularly uses Ctrl+7 with index :P ).

Kazeyonoma
06-09-2008, 01:29 PM
use proximo, it helps a lot in targeting, you can click the players name in the window and it'll target them for you as long as you're in LOS or they haven't gone invis/stealth.

other than that continue tab targeting, just be wary of its limitations.

radchris
06-09-2008, 02:46 PM
Im using Proximo too, but never for targeting. Going to try it tonight thanks.

Devv
07-07-2008, 05:09 AM
I learned this trick from a friend of mine and great warrior, and I rather like it. Mouse wheel up to replace tab, and mouse wheel down for last target. It helps to scroll pretty easily. You'll want to switch your bindings for camera zoom and bar scrolling though, I like alt+mouse wheel and crtl+mouse wheel respectively.

Bosk
07-14-2008, 04:03 AM
like alt+mouse wheel and crtl+mouse wheel respectively.

I never thought about modifiers for mousewheel - thank you!

Bloodwraith
07-14-2008, 05:06 AM
use proximo, it helps a lot in targeting, you can click the players name in the window and it'll target them for you as long as you're in LOS or they haven't gone invis/stealth.

other than that continue tab targeting, just be wary of its limitations.

With proximo they can be no where in sight but you still can target them as long as they aren't stealthed. I'm still QQing that they took specs from proximo, I loved that feature.

ebs2002
07-14-2008, 10:30 AM
Use focus+intervene on your healers instead of changing your target.

Proximo to click-target if you have the time to...otherwise, I just tab target.

Although if I see a mage casting at me, I'm popping spell reflect, not intercept+pummel.