PDA

View Full Version : The Curse of Karazhan!

Hegas
06-08-2008, 05:56 PM
Really, I just needed to bitch to some people. :D

I have 3 lvl 70's, a Holy Priest, a Frost Mage and a Prot Warrior. My Priest and my mage both never seem to have any problems building/attending raids to KZ. Hell, my very first time leading a raid, I ran with my mage (had just hit 70 the other day) and put together a raid that killed prince 3hrs after we started. On the other hand, my warrior seems to be cursed when it come to KZ.

I have been trying for the better part of 6mos to get a raid group that will actually FINISH the raid. In my previous guild, it took them 2 days to do KZ, they would do up to Opera, sometimes Curator day one and then do the rest the second day. The problem being that the 2nd day I usually had to work, so I never got to run that far. After about 2 months, I basically had everything I needed from the first 5 bosses/events and was just going for the badges. I recently joined a new guild, <Altercation> that even with their alts can finish KZ in less than 4hrs. I joined 4 weeks ago. Can u believe I STILL haven't finished a run??

Week 1 - I had just joined, literally 5 min before they ran it. Didn't get to go but wasn't stressed at it. Tried to pug it and the Pug had lousy DPS and fell apart at Moroes.

Week 2 - Promised my g/f that I would take her out and missed the guild run. Again, tried to pug and tried to get a good makeup (Iwas leading), but couldn't find the heals. By this time it was Sunday and most people had ran it and those who hadn't, IMO just weren't geared enough to make it seem worthwhile.

Week 3 - This one really pissed me off. I finally was able to go with my guild and SOMEONE (we still don't know who though we think it was one of the puggers) was already saved to a completed run. So, 7 of the 10 people get in, get saved and realize the place is empty. NOT happy. :mad:

Week 4 - Had to spend the entire weekend with my g/f, Fri-Sun and missed all the guild runs. To top it off, seems that my bank won't let me pay blizzard for my acct so I am in limbo until Monday morning. I can't even log on. :cool:

Sometimes, it just doesn't pay to get out of bed. :(

On a side note, how long does it usually take people to get their T4 gear? I have been trying for gods know how long and the only piece I have gotten is my gloves and at the time I was DPS so I made them into DPS gloves. I still haven't gotten any T4 tank gear, though I finally got The Sun Eater after 23 H-Mech runs and Aldori Legacy Defender on my first Gruul's.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Blackhand&n=Hegas)

Entore
06-08-2008, 06:15 PM
Not sure how long it would take to do a flawless run, but somewhere around 3 hours seem reasonable. The problem, I think, would be the crap puggers with bad gear or skill/rotations. Just got off a karazhan pug tonight, and it ended at Shade of Aran cause people failed on the adds twice. We used 2 prot warriors and we both (in tank gear except weapons, and me in defstance even) outdpsed a mage, warlock and rogue by pretty much.

So bascially get people with skill instead of gear.

Hadan
06-09-2008, 03:28 AM
Week 3 - This one really pissed me off. I finally was able to go with my guild and SOMEONE (we still don't know who though we think it was one of the puggers) was already saved to a completed run. So, 7 of the 10 people get in, get saved and realize the place is empty. NOT happy. :mad:

It would have been your raid leader. You only get saved to an instance if the raid leader is already saved. If just some other random person is saved, they will zone into their saved instance alone.

My guild has pretty much lost all interest in doing Kara at all as most people have all the badge gear they want on their mains and suprisingly few have alts that they are interested in gearing up. I usually end up having to either pug half of our spots, or just call our kara run all together. I have 6 70s, and still need badge gear on 4 of them, so I expect the same to be true of other people, but it just isn't.

Outside of the guild runs that I lead, I often try to pug along with other people's kara. My problem is that every group that I try to run with already has at least 2 tanks, often times more. I am able to gear up my paladin and druid by speccing holy/resto, but with my warrior, I don't really have any other options to get into a group unless I can tank.

The thing I don't understand is that every Kara/ZA/Gruul/Mag group on my server always seems to be full on tanks, but no heroic groups ever have them. About the only time I can do heroics is when I tank them. I just don't understand how there are no tanks for heroics, but an overabundance for Kara/ZA/Gruul/Mag.

For perspective, my main is a holy priest in a BT/Hyjal guild, and my warrior alt is in half blues/half epics.

Kerchunk
06-09-2008, 11:28 AM
I have 6 70s, and still need badge gear on 4 of them, so I expect the same to be true of other people

*choke*
*spit*

:eek:

You, sir, have a very distorted view of reality.

Macksie
06-10-2008, 03:11 AM
Sounds like you have had a nightmare with it and good to let it out =) As for T4 gear I only do Kara and some ZA and I think I got my T4 gloves after a month but T4 helm only just dropped on Sunday - however I use engi goggles so am going to use the T4 helm as an avoidance piece with 2 set bonus from gloves.

Havent had Sun Eater drop for me yet :( but I have only done about 10 runs so not too bad ... yet...

bigdaddygamebot
06-11-2008, 02:10 PM
Why? I have four 70s, and none of them has a single piece of badge loot. At all. Mostly because a) I can't find a guild that can hold its crap together to get
very far in Kara, and

Eredar

Order of the Claw...look us up.