PDA

View Full Version : 1.5 Speed for Execute Phase...

Mysnomia
06-05-2008, 07:53 AM
So, in the main meeks guide (and elsewhere) i've seen that there are pretty much two options for execute phase - as ARMS that is -

1) Continue you're slam rotation
2) Switch to two 1.5 speed weapons and execute spam

Now, the mention of two 1.5 speed weapons had no reference to quality... and I've seen persons saying that someone w/ a level 1 white dagger can execute for the same as someone w/ Soul Cleaver... assuming that's true (if not, please correct me on execute mechanics):

How crappy can the 1.5 weapons be? And is it only worth it if they have mongoose? - does that need to be 1.5 on the weapons? Or effective 1.5 after haste mods?

I'm an orc warrior:

Would using the lvl 47 flurry axes be worthwhile, if they had mongoose and I was axe spec?

Without mongoose, or w/o axe spec?

Thanks

Corbusier
06-05-2008, 08:35 AM
While it's true that weapon damage has no direct bearing on execute damage, it DOES have a large impact on execute phase DPS. Why? Because you're not just executing, you're doing white damage as well. Weapon DPS is a huge factor in white damage, which in turn, in a huge impact on your rage generation. For instance, If my main 2 weapons at 103 DPS, switching to 92 DPS weapons to execute would likely be counter productive, since the white damage is lower, and therefore I have less total rage with which to execute.

Edit: Also keep in mind that you're unlikely to have no haste effects in this phase; flurry, haste pots, heroism, trinkets; all of which will easily bring a slower weapon to within the 1.5 second GCD.

Mysnomia
06-05-2008, 09:28 AM
Okay thanks. Is there a kind of calculator out there that can tell me what buffs / haste rating would be required to bring 2.5 speed weapons down to 1.5?

Assuming 3/5 Flurry and Mongoose on weapons...

Since you mention pots... what pots should an arms warr be popping?
I know of a flask of relentless assault, clefthoof food... but is there other stuff, and something we should be using on a 2 min cooldown or otherwise to go with that?

Muggs
06-05-2008, 09:55 AM
One of my fury warriors runs 2x Edge of Oppression (1.3) speed for execute spamming. Something to think about...

Gorgrim Warcry
06-05-2008, 11:19 AM
The DPS spreadsheet, sorry dont have link, has a nice feature that will recommend weather do execute or not. But from what I have seen the rule of thumb seems to be at over 3kap you should just continue your rotation.

byechee
06-05-2008, 11:32 AM
i think if recklessness is available, go nuts on execute spam with quick 1h's.

Kream
06-05-2008, 11:36 AM
The only things the affect the actual damage of your execute are Crit, ArPen, and how much rage you dump into it. So make sure you have Executioner on your MH.

A while back in the EJ forums they were doing a lot of theorycrafting about the ideal weapon speeds for execute range and the sim punched out fast/slow as the best for execute range. Basically the idea boils down to this

Your main hand needs to generate enough rage for an execute every time it hits. An extra bonus if it generates enough rage on a glance.
If your main hand misses, a fast offhand will not generate enough rage to perform an execute. A slow offhand hit gives you enough rage to execute provided it lands within that GCD cycle.

With enough gear the slam cycle will eventually exceed execute DPS, particularly if you are downgrading your weapons significantly. Some warriors go DW, hit Recklessness and execute for 15 seconds, then swap back to the 2 hander and resume the slam rotation.

Corbusier
06-05-2008, 11:43 AM
Okay thanks. Is there a kind of calculator out there that can tell me what buffs / haste rating would be required to bring 2.5 speed weapons down to 1.5?

Assuming 3/5 Flurry and Mongoose on weapons...

Since you mention pots... what pots should an arms warr be popping?
I know of a flask of relentless assault, clefthoof food... but is there other stuff, and something we should be using on a 2 min cooldown or otherwise to go with that?
2.5speed to 1.5 would require 66% haste
3/5 flurry is 15%, heroism is 30%, so that's 49.5% haste already.
You'd need 470 haste rating to crack 1.5 speed, and a haste pot is 400.

Admittedly, it's easier for fury warriors because of the extra 10% haste.