PDA

View Full Version : Grimgrin Faceguard?

Fezzick
06-05-2008, 07:06 AM
I was able to walk out of ZA the other week with a Grimgrin Faceguard (didn't have any Rogues or Feral Druids in the raid) and I'm wondering if this is better than Warbringer Battle-Helm

(Socketed with 3 Strength Gems vs. Relentless Earthstorm Diamond and 1 Strength Gem.)

I'm really torn and go back and forth on which one to use. One one hand, the T4 helm gives me a meta socket, but on the flip side, I need to put two purple gems in my gear to get the meta to function, which I could, in theory replace with strength gems.

I think the S3 helm would be a better upgrade over both helms, but frankly, I suck at arena, so the points come in slow.

Maxdps tells me that the T4 helm is better, but its only marginal and I don't want do something "just because maxdps told me to"

Corbusier
06-05-2008, 08:30 AM
T4 might be better, depending on your crit%. S3 is light years better than both.

Fezzick
06-05-2008, 09:26 AM
I really don't have much of a problem with crit. I get about 1% more with T4 helm.

Buffed, in raids, with Feral Druid, I'm ~45%

Some of my Executes with full rage + crit are ungodly :D

Kazeyonoma
06-05-2008, 10:41 AM
holy shit if you have that much crit, you should probably start moving towards some AP. what's your unbuffed ap?

Spartikus
06-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Must be 33/28 Axe spec. Not many Fury Warriors hitting 45% with just basic raid buffs and a Feral Druid. Grimgrin is a decent piece, but seems better suited for Fury if you were lacking hit--I'm guessing that you're well over the soft cap already if you're PvE arms, which means the large amount of hit isn't the best stat itemization for you.

Still probably better than T4, although having no Meta certainly isn't ideal.

Muggs
06-05-2008, 10:54 AM
Don't forget to factor in the -5 Rage to WW with the t4 set bonus, that alone is worth it's weight in a lot of situations.

Corbusier
06-05-2008, 11:45 AM
I really don't have much of a problem with crit. I get about 1% more with T4 helm.

Buffed, in raids, with Feral Druid, I'm ~45%

Some of my Executes with full rage + crit are ungodly :D
The implication was that the more crit you have, the more valuable the Meta Gem becomes.

Fezzick
06-05-2008, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the insight guys. Its funny that we got talking about crit

Yes, I am 33/28 Axe specced with Gorehowl (which explains the high crit). Unbuffed I'm sitting at 36% crit, 1846AP and 629 Str.

I'm 15 badges away from The Blade of Harbingers, so I'm expecting my crit to take a dive from losing the Agility off Gorehowl.

The T4 helm is the last piece of T4 I am wearing, so the 2-piece set bonus really isn't an issue for me.

For what its worth, my Armory profile is here (http://wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shandris&n=Fezzick).

Spartikus
06-05-2008, 02:20 PM
You'll actually gain crit from The Blade of Harbingers. 55 crit rating = 2.49% crit. The 43 Agility on Gorehowl is only giving you about 1.3% crit (I think).

Fezzick
06-05-2008, 04:11 PM
Oops, I'm a noob, I was got the stats mixed up with Jin'rohk, The Great Apocalypse.....which never seems to drop for me.