PDA

View Full Version : How does haste stack up for fury DPS?

Harkor
06-04-2008, 10:54 PM
I raid as prot and have always raided on prot, I've read a few of the warrior guides but have yet to see much on how haste rating stacks up.

Pillagers gauntlets and Belt of seething fury are two of the items i've just picked up rolling offspec stuff and and wondering if its worth continuing down this route with maybe the badge legs or something like that.

Just a link to more info or whatever would be fantastic.

Megatrohn
06-05-2008, 05:38 AM
Well first of all, the value of each stat varies depending on your other stats, so to be sure, you'll have to input your stats into a spreadsheet.

Generally however, haste rating starts out ok and stays ok. It's usually less valuable than strength, AP, crit, and ArP, but is still better than Hit Rating.

I would venture to say that Belt of Seething Fury isn't very well itemised because it spends loads of points on just 2 dps stats as well as a truckload of stamina, and you would do better with a Red Belt of Battle.

Corbusier's Fury Guide which is sticked at the top of this forum would be a good place to start.

Good luck!

Corbusier
06-05-2008, 05:39 AM
It's not as good as equal itemization given to Strength, Crit, or ArP, and is about as good as +hit. The two items you mentioned are actually some of the worst items in the game relative to their i-lvl. The gloves are only slightly better than t5/Gauntlets of Martial Perfection (and massively inferior to , and the belt is highly inferior to the Red Belt of Battle.

The issue is that items like these often sacrifice important stats in favor of haste, typically crit.

AdrenalizeSC
06-05-2008, 06:31 AM
The only way haste becomes noticeably effective is in large chunks (such as the 325 from DST or the 400 from a pot), other than that, it's a stat that you don't avoid, but do not specifically aim for.

Corbusier
06-05-2008, 07:02 AM
The only way haste becomes noticeably effective is in large chunks (such as the 325 from DST or the 400 from a pot), other than that, it's a stat that you don't avoid, but do not specifically aim for.
That's true of any stat really. The reason DST is so good is that the amount of haste is so massive (compare to, say Bloodlust Brooch, which averages out to which has an on-use AP of 278, far inferior to 325 haste), and it has a very high uptime.

Harkor
06-05-2008, 02:51 PM
Yeah I assumed as much, they didn't look very good to me, so I'm working on my red belt of battle now.

And I'm assuming just stick with gauntlets of martial perfection.

ebs2002
06-05-2008, 03:02 PM
For most well-balanced warriors:

Strength > Attack Power > Crit > Armor Penetration > Haste > Hit
(Of course, this is assuming that you are well-balanced, and not at 20% crit and 4k attack power, and that you have multiple pieces with armor penetration on it).

Haste is better than hit because both have a fairly-equal impact on the white damage you deal, and both affect your rage generation, but haste is better at execute range than hit.

Basically, to decide if an item is "good", check for 3 of the above stats on a single piece.

Crimsonstorm
06-06-2008, 02:32 PM
For most well-balanced warriors:

Strength > Attack Power > Crit > Armor Penetration > Haste > Hit

Yes, except that as you stack Armor Pen it gets better and better, to the point where it even can become better than Str at high gear levels with full raid buffs.

Also, you should have executioner on your MH weapon, which starts you out with an average of several hundred ArP. (About 350+ average, based on EJ spreadsheet). So you have some ArP to start anyways.

Basically, to decide if an item is "good", check for 3 of the above stats on a single piece.

Generally yes. 2 dps stats on a piece = bad, 3 = good.

Pillagers gauntlets arent great, but they are still a bit better than Martial Perfection (but only due to high ilvl). T6 gauntlets and Akama gloves are both better than Pillagers gauntlets.

The haste belt from hyjal is terrible, and everyone should get Red Belt of Battle because its fairly easy to get, and its 2nd best in slot after the T6 belt from Brutallus

Corbusier
06-07-2008, 12:51 PM
2nd best in slot for plate at least.