PDA

View Full Version : Arms or Fury?

tena
06-04-2008, 04:48 PM
Ah ha!!!

caught you! But before you dismiss this as the general "what's better for
dps" question hear me out please.

I currently raid in a MH/BT guild as an Arms warrior (33/28).

We usually have a melee group of Enh Shaman/Feral/Arms warrior/2x rogue or fury.

Then we have two hunters in the raid, plus 2-3 tanks.

Now for my stats (no sniggering pls)
1734AP, 30.57% crit, 204 hit, 595 ArR, and paltry 66 haste.
all unbuffed of course.

My question really is. Will blood frenzy really shine with
this raid setup in the long run? and make up for the fact that
my personal dps is low.

Or would it be better if I went back to fury and the epeen
number spam on screen?

Kazeyonoma
06-04-2008, 05:14 PM
yes bloodfrenzy will shine because you have more than 3 people who are doing physical dps, you infact have 7! that's quite good, and don't forget that the tanks also benefit from it for more threat which in turn helps your non-physical dps'ers dps harder too.

I'd say drop some hit though, 204hit is way more than you need as arms. you're over the hard cap as a ms warrior. 2handed weapons (and 1 handed/shield) only need 9% hit to never miss a single attack. with 204 hit you're wasting 62 hit rating itemization. Put that towards str/ap, the more you buff that up the more you'll up your own damage. Stay MS.

tena
06-04-2008, 05:33 PM
Music to my ears!

I'd drop the hit... if I could. I currently don't have anything else I can replace
that would increase my other stats. But I'm sure something will come along.

Elyx
06-05-2008, 07:38 AM
Ya, I know what you mean about all the extra +hit rating, it seems that a lot of the plate DPS badge gear (pre-2.4, not sure about the new stuff haven't checked recently) had alot of +hit :eek:

Just make sure yoru maximizing your AP in all other areas...drop any stamina gems you may have for full str gems, make srue there's no +hit gems floating around on a piece of gear, etc. I know, it seems basic, not trygin to snub your attention to detail, but i had just noticed I had a +hit gem in one of my pieces of gear, and was missing a meta-gem in my new helm!

Noob stuff, fixed shortly after, but you'd be amazed at what you can miss :D

and ya, stay Arms unless you get some heavy hint's from raid leaders. Its tough sometimes to take a backseat in DPS, but don't forget that Blood frenzy is a raid wide buff (well, a debuff on the target, close enough) , a rare thing ( I wish my battle shout was raid wide...that would be sweet!)