PDA

View Full Version : What to get next?

Kronorus
06-04-2008, 04:00 PM
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Vek%27nilash&n=Kronorus)

I'm currently saving for the Sungard Leggards. But I'm wondering if would it be better for me to go for the Bonefist Gauntlets the Curator NEVER drops my T4) or maybe the Ring of the Stalwart Protector. I was initially going to get the Unwavering Leggards but I think I'll stick with my gut & go for the Sungards.
Meanwhile I'm still running my ass off in MgT for the trinks & working on the Furies & Lunacy Decks.
Any advice with this matter would be greatly appreciated i love this site & the honor & camaraderie amongst tanks.

Dunmail
06-05-2008, 02:45 AM
100 badge legs are pretty damn good, only gripe I had was it made heroics hard work through rage starvation, but as curator never dropped legs... The massive stam & stats does make juggling other kit around for as a remedy easier though.

Just got the mitts to replace T4/Maiden. Latter lobbed in bank, generally use T4 for threat and BFG for general/boss tanking. 2x15 stam gems is pretty decent EH, and a good armour upgrade.

Never bothered with lunacy personally, but I worked for a month on the furies deck, which is pretty much welded to my trinket bar now and made my engineering one redundant & rarely bother with blocker. Only suggestion is whether you'd actually need them both, especially given cost. Heroic MGT provides an excellent tanking trinket and a threat/dps one (must get latter....). I'd personally get one deck, and run mgt (assuming you haven't as Armoury is down.

Kronorus
06-05-2008, 03:37 PM
Thanx for replying...I appreciate it. As far as the decks I'm just going with what I've gotten, unfortunately I happen to have more of the lunacy (just need last 3 cards still need 5 of em for the furies) just not furiously working on grinding em. I am trying to run Hero MgT as much as possible still haven't gotten either trink tho I have gotten both thrown weapons which are a nice change from the Khorium Destroyer every so often. Especially since thrown seem to have a longer range (which makes no sense to me because you'd think a powered projectile would travel further than a muscle whipped heavier blade but , hey that's Blizz for ya)

Alchamire
06-08-2008, 05:28 AM
I would first suggest putting 15 Stam gems in your belt and legs, seeing how they are pretty much the best prior to SWP and you will have them a very long time. As far as what to get next, I would say:
Darkmoon Card: Vengeance
Commendation of Kael'thas
Brooch of Deftness

The two trinkets together would give you an addition 1800 HP (not including talents). The Brooch would just add more Hit and Expertise. I would still keep your current neck for fights like Prince where the 100 Dodge/Expertise Rating proc can be useful.

Kronorus
06-08-2008, 05:56 PM
I have the Brooch of Deftness & am working on the Furies Deck as well as running Heroic MgT as much as possible. I got my T4 gloves last night as well as the Sungard Legs. I think my threat went down a lil bit though I noticed a few more people pulled mobs off me when that never happened before. Is it me or do teh T4 gloves just suck.

Another question I have should I be trying to get uncrushable or is that just a fallacy. I've tanked Prince already before with no problems & that was with the gear I had before the new gloves & legs. I know I was at one point up to 82% now I'm down to about 76 - 78 depending on what trink I equip.

Alchamire
06-08-2008, 06:29 PM
If you are uncrushable with your Shield Block up then you don't need to try to get a total of 104% avoidance. With at least 60% avoidance through Dodge/Parry/Block you're fine. If you can, aim for more Dodge/Parry if you are aiming for avoidance. Keep in mind though, too much Dodge = no rage = no threat.

Yes the T4 gloves are lackluster. If you can take the hit to defense, go for Bonefist Gauntlets. They have similar Parry as well as the addition to Hit and good effective health.

As far as further threat, I really suggest points in Imp Heroic Strike. With points in Focuse Rage and Imp HS, Heroic Strike only costs 9 rage, making it much more rage effecient. So you can spam it alot more, adding more threat.

Kronorus
06-12-2008, 03:35 PM
Well in the last week I've been pretty lucky I got my T4 Gloves the Sungard Legplates & I got my T4 Shoulders from HKM last night. Still working on the Furies Deck & running H MgT. Thank you to everyone that replied.