PDA

View Full Version : Eredar Twins Lady Sacrolash tanking

Baddream
06-03-2008, 12:21 AM
We have had some evenings on these ladies but we as tanks in this fight keep struggling with the positioning from Lady Sacrolash.

We use the strategy to kill Sacrolash first.
We let the raid hump the right pillar and we tank Sacrolash downstairs a bit below the left omega sign (can't find a better description).

We have tries where she will keep standing on the same spot for almost the whole attempt but also attempts where she seems to be dancing around us as she wishes. She moves very different compared to other bosses.
We tried to let the tanks stand perfect on each so she doesnít have to turn when she switches tanks but we just donít seem to get it.

What are we doing wrong ?

Endal
06-03-2008, 10:33 AM
My guild just got twins last week. If everyone is TIGHT against the right pillar then what we do is....

Basically place her on the front left purple weird-shaped thing. Around here or right in the area of it around the purple-thing and the yellow "ray" nearby. When a confounding blow happens, she does tend to shift, but you just have to reposition her asap. A stun now and then won't necessarily cause deaths if the healers are on the ball.

Xav
06-03-2008, 04:26 PM
She shifts whenever the little images are spawned, which is frequently. She also moves extremely oddly in general, and will usually VASTLY overcompensate whenever she moves to adjust with the tank, making controlling her a complete fucking joke.

You probably aren't doing anything wrong, you just have to get used to how utterly ridiculous Sacrolash is. With practice you get better at getting her where you want, given you have a decent understanding of how mob behaviour works anyways, especially with overcompensating.

What you can potentially do to get her in a better spot is have the tank 2nd on aggro get in the "right" spot you want her when it's getting near a Confounding blow time, so when she performs it, she moves over to the tank, who's hopefully in a more preferred spot.

Try not to move any more than you have to, and try not to strafe side to side or front and back excessively, unless you're moving through her. With mobs that like to not move like a regular one, it generally helps to reposition/turn them by moving through them (just do it quickly and spinjump so you aren't crushed/hit from behind, etc)

I'll leave you with this quote from my offtank, which sums up my feelings precisely as well.
http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/539/moonwalkrz0.jpg

Tharr
06-03-2008, 05:47 PM
There is no easy way to position her really, once u get her perfect she will move again. U will just have to get used to it and be fast to reposition again.

Arael
06-11-2008, 03:14 AM
Hi guys,
well my guild tried the Eredar Twins now for something about 3-4 hours, but our off-tank had some troubles with keeping his TPS up because he doesn't receive enough rage. We started with bloodlust when we pulled 'em in the tank-group but for some reasons the ranged damage dealers had to hold them back so hard, so it wasn't very funny.

Any tips that any1 here can provide to improve the TPS of the off-tank or should it go well when the first switch happened and the off-tank tanks her because of confounding blow?

Baddream
06-11-2008, 03:30 AM
I am the starting OT too and when i notice i have bad tps at the start i use a haste potion which works very well for me

ttocs
06-11-2008, 10:30 AM
Haste potions, hunter misdirects... though my pot cooldown is almost always used on ironshields.

weel
06-13-2008, 03:36 PM
I like moving her by moving close enough so she step back, nothing fancy but nice to stay in los sometimes.

Anyone else who have the feeling she rotate around you at the same radius when she shift? so moving close will make her not move as far at each shift.

Marn
06-15-2008, 03:58 PM
I like when she just starts moving to the right or left of me for seemingly no reason, just rotating around me basically. I also love how she seems more hesitant to do the Maexxna high-step and move backwards when I'm inside her hitbox; most bosses are a lot easier to position in that manner than Sacrolash.

She's difficult to control but, everything everyone's said so far sounds accurate and could be helpful.