PDA

View Full Version : Mother Shaz and Shadow Resist

Steakums
06-01-2008, 11:44 PM
Okay, So in talking with the other officers in my guild i tell them, we're making SResist for Mother - Bracers/Boots/Belt and Cloak. Should have old Helm for SR enchant and Necklace.

Now I get "I don't get why we don't make legs?" So i tell em, 3 HoD's not worth the cost. Thats what I've read here and what I've read on Wow DnR. So is this truly the answer he won't believe me and I'd like to give him a reason.

My understanding of the fight is as long as your resisting the shadow damage then you have the win with proper execution. Survival over DPS, so am i wrong about this? He sees the legs as a huge amount of SR, and could be used in place of 2 other pieces so you can use DPS gear in them. Thoughts?

Dany
06-02-2008, 01:02 AM
Just because the SR on leg doesn't match the SR on 2 other pieces .. Bracers/Boots/Belt and Cloak+enchant (don't forget it) + priest buff + necklace is sufficient. Old helm is not required, keep the real dps one.

And yes, with that, dps is not a concern at all.

edit: In addition, dps legs are most of the time the best armor slot for dps.

Worldie
06-02-2008, 05:59 AM
The issue is simply that legs cost too much HoD for the SR they give. That's about it.

phaze
06-02-2008, 06:32 AM
He sees the legs as a huge amount of SR, and could be used in place of 2 other pieces so you can use DPS gear in them. Thoughts?
Tell him to go grab 3 HoDs from the Auction House, if he simply must have the full set.

Don't use the guild stash until you've finished kitting the raid out with their SR cloaks/bracers/boots; these are all far better uses of HoDs than the legs.

If you're overflowing with HoDs and have no better use for them, you can adjust your crafting plans then. =)

Kamani
06-02-2008, 01:55 PM
Do not make legs until you beat her and everybody has at least 300 buffed. They aren't worth it. You can bring 16 healers 3 tanks and 6 dps and still probably beat the enrage timer.

Nothing in this fight matters except not taking shadow damage.

Indris
06-02-2008, 07:43 PM
If you have enough HoDs to make the legs, there's no reason not to - if the options are sell hods or make legs, I'd say go with make legs.

Clifford
06-09-2008, 05:15 AM
We have been unlucky in the last few MH and BT runs with so few hearts dropping. It is frustrating as we are almost ready to start MotherS.

Worldie
06-09-2008, 05:43 AM
Consider buying HoDs from other guilds. Gbanks money are there for a reason.

Eventually, don't craft boots, and let people use greenies "of Shadow Protection" in that slot. It's not optimal, but sometimes you just have to.