PDA

View Full Version : Guild Starting T5 Progression

heyjim
06-01-2008, 09:57 AM
Hey everyone I recently found tank spot and I am loving it so far. I had a question. My guild is starting to do SSC/TK this monday and I was wondering if my gear is good enough for Void Reaver. I have the tank ring from trash in TK but the rest is badge gear and kara epics. Let me know. If you have any advice towards gear and upgrades that'd be appreciated.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Chromaggus&n=Spamstring)

thanks in advance

Spamstring of Chromaggus

Canadianpimp
06-01-2008, 01:03 PM
Yeah, easily. He hits like a girl. Just make sure you bring like 3 tanks for him though. Go do yourself a favor and get the Commendation of Kael'thas from Heroic Magister's. It pairs up very well with the Pocket Watch.

Silthias
06-01-2008, 11:54 PM
your wearing exactly what i wore when i tanked him to start with, so gear wise you will be fine. Just make sure to use hit rating food and rage potions imo, as when u ware not tanking you will still need to be building threat, the DPS food and the rage potions go along way to make things easier, sure you do not need to use them, but will be silly not to make your life simpler.

Regards,

Silthias

Clifford
06-02-2008, 02:39 AM
My advice to anyone considering T5 is: Just do it - don't wait. All the bosses in SSC and TK (except Vashj and Kael) are easy enough if the raid can organise itself properly.

Lavache
06-02-2008, 05:55 AM
imo - do yourself and the raid a favor and start with al'ar. its a much easier fight once you get the mechanics down (arent they all?) than people make it out to be and its pretty fun. you also wont have to deal with the trash again that week. the trash to VR sucks to learn. lurker is also really easy once your raid learns to jump in the water every so often - although tanking him with a fishing pole on doesnt work so well...

Vapes
06-05-2008, 12:44 PM
As far as VR goes. Like they've mentioned, he hits like a girl, but he'll do a knockback that drops 25% threat, so you need multiple tanks generally. When we started VR a while ago we had 2 good tanks and 2 sub-par tanks. We'd all 4 tank. Due to aggro issues it's obviously easier to get threat when getting hit, so we'd let one of the newer tanks start off. Sometimes this resulted in a dead new tank. When ended up happening afterwards was the two older tanks ended up trading the rest of the fight but only once or twice. Reason being we sifted through our banks and made a VR set of gear.

The set was focused around 2 things, threat and dodge, we'd also use agility scrolls and pots for more dodge. You can dodge his knock-back, so it helps you keep threat up dramatically. I've heard of druids solo tanking VR due to their stupid amount of dodge. And remember you don't have to dodge them all, you just need to be generating threat steadily faster than everyone in the raid (as normal) and not take 2 in a row, we'd take 3 of 4 before losing aggro to another tank. It's not a gear dependent fight for tanks, if you're new to 25mans, it's a good place to start, if your threat is kind of low, just bring another tank, and the trash gets you ready to handle anything. VR has some of the most annoying trash in SSC/TK!