PDA

View Full Version : MH - Trash at Horde encampment

Shortypop
05-29-2008, 12:29 AM
Hi all,

I need some advice, we downed Ane for the second time last night (one shotted!) and for the second time went to the horde encampment. Both times we've been seriously unprepared for the trash and last night we were not helped by mass dc'es and server instability.

We usually run with 8 healers, 4 tanks (one druid, one warrior, one prot pally and one either druid/warrior), mixed dps, although usually 4-6 melee. I think our big problem is getting the npcs involved and covering the distance between the front spawns and the gargoyles at the back.

The first wave goes OK (all at front), but after that it gets really messy.

Any advice on how to split up the raid, which mobs to kite, how best to deal with the gargoyles. They seem to have 3 heights - one when they spawn, the one which is just above a tauren head (although the npcs seem to manage to hit them) and then one when I can actually hit them. Do we counterspell some and tank those while the ranged dps focus fire on the others, or due to time constraints do we need to get them all down? Whats a good split of the tanks?

Hopefully we'll be back in this reset to have a serious bash at it, and any advice or suggestion would be most welcome :)

Aughban
05-29-2008, 12:45 AM
Hi all,

I need some advice, we downed Ane for the second time last night (one shotted!) and for the second time went to the horde encampment. Both times we've been seriously unprepared for the trash and last night we were not helped by mass dc'es and server instability.

We usually run with 8 healers, 4 tanks (one druid, one warrior, one prot pally and one either druid/warrior), mixed dps, although usually 4-6 melee. I think our big problem is getting the npcs involved and covering the distance between the front spawns and the gargoyles at the back.

Any advice on how to split up the raid, which mobs to kite, how best to deal with the gargoyles. They seem to have 3 heights - one when they spawn, the one which is just above a tauren head (although the npcs seem to manage to hit them) and then one when I can actually hit them. Do we counterspell some and tank those while the ranged dps focus fire on the others, or due to time constraints do we need to get them all down? Whats a good split of the tanks?

Hopefully we'll be back in this reset to have a serious bash at it, and any advice or suggestion would be most welcome :)

Regarding the kiting, we usually have a hunter run a ghoul back up towards thrall, we save the warriors for the boss. And as for gargoyles, usually with gargoyle phases your looking at about 8 ghouls, now we have our prot paladin just take the lot but we have a very strong tanking team because the guild looks after us well. You have 4 tanks so leave the druid and prot paladin at the ghouls and send the other two tanks to get ready for the gargoyles.

Note: NPC can always hit them regardless of height.

Now typically when i do it, we don't tank the gargoyles we just let the healers heal the dps but if you wanted to tank then your going to have hard time untill they hit the ground.

Another Note: Challenging shout + shield reflect can be fun here, at least it means you can soak up a reasonable amount of damage instead of the dps.

Sirq
05-29-2008, 02:38 AM
Hi all,

for the 2nd wave including gargoyles, just have the melee plus 2 or 1 imba healer at the front with the 1 protadin, all of the rest including tanks go for the gargoyles, tell hunter (if specced) to use silence shot whenever they can, mages to c/s whenever, and if they hover close to the ground belf racials ( horde? ;x )
for the rest of the waves, just have the tankadin take all cryptsfiends n ghouls if they come, warr/druid abiminations, sheep as much necro's as you can and prio kill the banshees first since the curse is a pain in the butthole, pending on all trash of, try to improvise i presume, the hardest wave is 6 banshees n 6 necromancers, which is before the 4th boss i think :P they are quite chaotic and good phun

I hope my chaotic post is helpfull :>

Clifford
05-29-2008, 04:51 AM
We start off by using a protection warrior to spell-reflect the gargoyles (together with a healer) and drag them to Thrall. It doesn't work on all of them and we just improvise thereafter.

Sirq
05-29-2008, 04:56 AM
We start off by using a protection warrior to spell-reflect the gargoyles (together with a healer) and drag them to Thrall. It doesn't work on all of them and we just improvise thereafter.

I've never pulled them to thrall :o
the headhunters nd witchdoctors are quite swell :>

Meatballs
05-30-2008, 04:13 PM
For phase2, we mount up and all ranged+tanks (cept pally tank or 2 ferals) run to the back and up the slope and try and grab aggro on 1-2 gargoyles.

When they have aggro they run back down to a white tauren hut and stand behind the flap so the gargoyles lose LOS and have to fly down to the ground and around the corner. Then we can AOE and tanks can taunt etc.