PDA

View Full Version : Meta Gem/Cloak

ssang
05-28-2008, 12:49 PM
bracers off rage finally dropped, but the one's from lurker helped me hit my RED meta. i have thought about adding a blue to my boots, but i would rather not resocket the epics.

my thought would be to craft cloak of darkness (currently use dory's) and throw a shadowsong in it to get my meta (waiting on t6 shoulders for my 2nd blue).

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Jaedenar&n=Ssang)

i normally run with 777 arp (including dory's), so switching would leave me at 665.

gold is not an issue, however we do not have the gem vendor and gems aren't exactly flowing in our gbank.

any thoughts would be appreciated (if u see somewhere i should resocket plz let me know).

hbombs
05-28-2008, 01:11 PM
I was under the impression that the bracers from lurker were better. Cant look em up to compare and im a prot warr so... hopefully someone who knows what there talking about will come along to help.

Corbusier
05-28-2008, 01:29 PM
I was under the impression that the bracers from lurker were better. Cant look em up to compare and im a prot warr so... hopefully someone who knows what there talking about will come along to help.

Nope, Deadly Cuffs are slightly better.

@ OP: Boots. Yours have a blue slot (I know it'll hurt to overwrite the epic gem).

ssang
05-28-2008, 02:02 PM
guess i'll go beg for a shadowsong :eek:

@ corb: i'd love for u to write more on any theorycrafting (i sadly forum troll ur posts).

Kream
05-28-2008, 02:26 PM
The Cloak of Darkness may actually be an upgrade to your Dory's, perhaps consider using a blue quality gem in it if you will go back to Dory's after you get T6 shoulders.

Gemming your boots to Shadowsong will use up 2 epic gems, assuming you gem it back to red when done and lose some DPS in the meantime.

Crimsonstorm
05-28-2008, 04:04 PM
You should keep using the Lurker bracers until you get a new blue slot. Deadly cuffs are only barely an upgrade over it.

Corbusier
05-28-2008, 05:35 PM
The Cloak of Darkness may actually be an upgrade to your Dory's

Yeah, not really.

You should keep using the Lurker bracers until you get a new blue slot. Deadly cuffs are only barely an upgrade over it.
That would work as well.

Korlong
05-28-2008, 09:42 PM
Why on earth didn't you just put a blue in your boots, as that would give you a hit rating socket bonus, which would then allow you to stick with your Dory's Embrace, which is clearly the better cloak?

Stregga
06-18-2008, 01:20 AM
My Personal choice for my meta req was choose 3 Gem slots I chose 2 from feet and 1 from my gloves and do 1 red/blue, 1 red/yellow, and 1 blue/yellow gem.

The gear I chose is pieces I wouldnt be replacing soon, and could throw anything I wanted in any other slots. I consider those 3 places reserved for making my meta and throw the best gems I can there.