PDA

View Full Version : Azgalore - druid tank minimum stats

loquatious
05-28-2008, 08:02 AM
I recently tanked Azgalore in an avoidance set on my prot warrior. We have a feral druid but I wasnt sure his gear was up to the task.

75% DR from armor
~21k health buffed
47% avoidance (including the base 5%)

I'm at
~20k health buffed
59% avoidance (+commendation)
65% dr from armor

Is he a better choice? What kind of dodge would you need to bear tank MH/BT?

Whats a bear to do to improve his gear in MH/BT? The badge gear is great for warriors but other than the ring & cloak there doesent seem to be much for bears.

Worldie
05-28-2008, 09:26 AM
Tiers 6 are great for bears i'd say. High stam and high armor, and some agi.

That said, you would take more damage, but will avoid more hits and have SW/LS for panic moments. He will take less damage, but no panic buttons available.

Your choice.

Kavtor
05-28-2008, 10:35 AM
We tried our new feral on Azgalor last week, and the healers liked that quite a bit, He's quite a bit behind me gear wise.

AngerIssues
05-29-2008, 03:28 PM
Feral Druid here with 74% armor mit, 23k hp and 52% dodge raid buffed did it with ease, where our warr got hit by the truck that is Az

and if hes got the Pocket Watch thats all the Panic button you need :P

Sanelora
05-29-2008, 03:37 PM
the badge of tenacity is freakin' awesome for ferals afaik in terms of a panic button

Rhea
05-29-2008, 03:45 PM
A full t6 druid ends up with around 60+% avoidance i would say.
Azgalor usually doesnt oneshot a tank, the problem is the silence he does. When the healers dont use shadow resi or dont resist it a feral has a better chance of surviving if Azgalor doesnt have any misses during this time. Since he doesnt crush a feral takes less dmg from hits. I think your druid should be geared well enough to tank him, dont know if it would make a big difference tho, but i guess he would like to do it ;)

Ruminator
06-02-2008, 02:09 PM
He's a pretty ideal boss for a druid to tank. The combination of no crush + the relatively low dmg per hit a druid will take gives them a distinct advantage over other classes on this guy.

Heironeous
07-04-2008, 01:42 AM
If you feel your druid is capable as a player then they will be the better choice. If your druid is not an outstanding player, or is prone to fits of stupidity then let another tank take the job. On this boss that's really the only deciding factor.