PDA

View Full Version : What next?

Kilter
05-28-2008, 04:25 AM
Hey guys, I've been using this site ever since i hit 70 and you've all been really helpful.

So I'm finally getting there in terms of being comfortable tanking most of the generic stuff. I've got a decent piece in almost every spot, except for my trinket which I should be replacing with Commendation of Kael'thas or Vengence card in the next couple days. Khorium destroyer right after that and then i just need my drops from kara/mags/gruuls which i am farming each week.

One thing i've been noticing is that i lose my aggro a few too many times in most heroics and its been really frustrating me, is that normal or should i boost my hit/expertise and maybe even throw on a dps piece or two. I'm fine in raids, doesnt really make sense to me. Should i just tell them to give me a second to grab aggro or what.

Any tips on where to go from here and what pieces to pick up next would be really helpful, thanks

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&n=Kilter)

Kilter
06-03-2008, 12:30 AM
So I just got t4 leggings and t5 shoulders in the last two days :). Any advice on where to go next would be fantastic.

Brucimus
06-03-2008, 12:02 PM
Better get farming badges....Get into Magisters Terrace Heroic and get BOTH trinkets

I would upgrade your bracers first. Bracers of the Ancient Phalanx
Then I would grab the 2.4 Belt Girdle of the Fearless

Kilter
06-07-2008, 03:20 AM
Ayo! So Since my last post I ran two Hmgt, and i got both the commendation of kael thas AND the shard of contempt, what luck!

I also added the Khorium destroyer, and decided to go for the Girdle of the Fearless for the stam boost since now my expertise is pretty good and the phalanx bracers would only add expertise and hit.

So where to now? I'm so sick of looking at the myrmidon's headress in my inventory, but t4 will just not drop for me, any advice? I was considering even the amani mask of death since my avoidance is pretty good, a little dps might help.

I also now have the quickening blade of the prince, should i definitely be using that over the sun eater?

And my final question is should i turn the furies deck into vengence card or should i just sell it at this point, the extra stam is nice but its gonna be hard to choose between that and the shard.

Thanks for your help guys

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&n=Kilter)

Emelie
06-07-2008, 07:35 AM
I would pick up a Felsteel Helm (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=23519). It's REALLY good until you get something better.

Grats on the Shard. I've been running Heroic MgT nightly for weeks and no luck. *cries*

Alchamire
06-08-2008, 05:08 AM
First off, on the aggro gain/loss. If your group's DPSers greatly out gear the instance or have alot of burst damage, you need to let them know you need a second to gain the initial threat and they also need to watch their threat. I would say you have a very rage effective and threat productive talent set up (almost 100% identical to mine, aside from one point). You also have the minimum of -6.5% Dodge/Parry from Expertise.

I would suggest going for the following gear next:
Felsteel Helm
Slikk's Cloak of Placation Great over all survivability.
Bracers of the Ancient Phalanx Good threat/avoidance/EH.
Brooch of Deftness Better Hit/Expertise. Though I would still keep your current neck for fights like Prince when the 100 Dodge/Expertise Rating proc could be useful.
Sunguard Legplates The EH and Expertise on here out weigh the 2 and 4 T4 set bonuses.
Darkmoon Card: Vengeance 510 base HP and a threat proc. The Shard is better for over all threat, but Vengeance is better well rounded for threat and HP.

@Felsteel Helm:
Use 3x Solid Star of Elune and the revered helm enchant with Keepers of Time and you'll get:

661 HP
1326 Armor
49 defense rating (0.8% parry/dodge/block/-crit%/-hit%)
17 dodge rating (0.9% dodge)

Good luck to you.

Kilter
07-07-2008, 01:03 PM
Ok guys, so i've been working on my gear like crazy and my guilds been progressing further into ssc and tk. I finally really like my gear, just have some questions

Now i have a bunch of gear that i'm torn between which is a great problem to have but still a problem. So here it goes:

Brooch of Deftness vs. SSO pendant of resolve
I like the added hit/expertise but the pendant adds the dodge so often

Should i just ignore getting the Bracers of the Ancient Phalanx now that i have the Wristguards of determination?

Red Havoc Boots vs. Boots of elusion

Darkmoone Card: Vengence vs Moroes lucky pocket watch

and finally the biggie, Blazefury vs. Mallet of the tides

I loved using blazefury until the mallet dropped for me a couple days ago, and now im torn.

Any advice on when i should use what in certain situations would be great, thanks.

Brucimus
07-07-2008, 01:09 PM
Mallet of the tides unless you are really low on Hit.