PDA

View Full Version : old MT returning - give up your spot?

ceffo
05-26-2008, 09:48 PM
As the guild MT for 10mans/25mans for over 3 months i have established a spot in the raiding aspect of the guild.

LAst week our kara druid MT returned into the foray and is asking if we had a spot for him in 25mans (gruuls/mag/tk/ssc etc)

Being away for 3 months all our OT roles were filled out and also his gear is still only suited for kara (half blues epics)

He was one of the founding members of the guild a year ago.

How to handle this situation?

Leytur
05-27-2008, 04:18 AM
Get him a spot wherever is convenient for YOU as you look for ways to get him where he wants to be. As long as he's doing something (could be an alt Karazhan run even) I think he'll feel alright.

bludwork
05-28-2008, 11:11 AM
gear will dictate what he can and can't do. As for a MT spot it would be kinda stupid on your guilds part to switch tanks to someone who disappeared for 3months. He could maybe OT for a while if you have dps/trash tank spot in your raids

hbombs
05-28-2008, 11:21 AM
Dont give him the MT spot. try to work him in if he is a good guy/player it wont be hard. Whoever stepped up and took over the MT spot deserves that position.

Cynocide
05-28-2008, 11:31 AM
He's going to have to prove himself worthy of a raiding spot because he was gone for 3 months regardless of the reason. That means improving his gear outside of raids as well.

ceffo
05-28-2008, 05:59 PM
yeah he comes back today. We running ssc and will get him to pick up the adds and switch to kitty on boss. After a year of playing with these guys they become more good buddys than people online hence my question.

Krashtork
06-30-2008, 02:43 PM
Please don't let him just step back into MT.

In my most recent guild we had a guy basically come out of nowhere, but used to raid MT with the GM pre-BC, and was basically our designated MT on most progression encounters. Even though I had better gear and knew tanking theory better than him, (he was one of those: "i don't need to read about tanking, i know it from experience" kind of guys), i still had to OT for him most of the time.

Not fun, not fair, not smart.

fastidius
06-30-2008, 03:00 PM
druid = make him cat/boom/tree....the feral spots sound all taken atm

Krashtork
07-01-2008, 01:11 PM
I love kitty druids. They rez muh healz! ^_^

Caoin
07-04-2008, 07:37 PM
Old MT disappears for 3 months... and you want to put him back into the MT spot in crap gear?

No. Bad idea.

If he's been gone for 3 mos, what's to say he wont up and leave again? He should have to work his way up from OTing IMO. Also, druids make the best offtanks anyhow, so it's not like putting him in that role will hurt your progression.