PDA

View Full Version : What to upgrade..

fastidius
05-26-2008, 03:06 PM
So i am stuck at T4 level gear due to lack of raid options at this time however

I am running heroic Magisters for the BP/Shard/Kael. Kara & Gruuls at this time and was wondering what i should throw my badges at next.

I am about to hit 350 Engy for the furious goggles so my head slot will be replaced very soon

i'm not really sure what to throw my badges at. I'm Primarily a DPS warr however i do tank for heroic runs as prot regularly and was just trying to work out if there was any significant DPS badge gear i should get or if i'm pretty much where i need to be and should start grabbing big tank upgrades.

Anyone able to make any suggestions? I think i low on crit when not in raid buffs but then i'm rarely not in raid buffs.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Proudmoore&n=Fastidius)

Hmm armoury is going nuts and not finding a true gearset for me atm so ill fill in my blanks.

Head - Furious Gizmatic Goggles
Neck - SSO Might Neck - i'm Aldor
Chest - Chest plate of adal - Flagged as upgrade by Magisters Heroic
cloak - arathi kings/Inciter depending on crit rating
Bracers - Master Assassin Wraps
Mainhand - fool's Bane
Offhand - Vanirs brutality
Hands - Fel Leather
waist - chain of unleased rage
Legs - Vanquishers
Booties - Sunstriders
Rings - adal's command
Ring - Violet assassin Ring
Trinks - Bloodlust, Abacus (Flagged as upgraded by shard from Magisters)

Xodiv
05-26-2008, 04:19 PM
1. Vanir's Right Fist of Brutality
2. Legplates of Unending Fury
3. Angelista's Revenge

Get crafted Vengeance Wrap or Cloak of Darkness.

If you had been cashed up it would've been better to get Red Belt of Battle and save the badges you spent on the belt.

Brucimus
05-26-2008, 04:37 PM
If you are not killing Gruul regularly IMO Furious Deathgrips are nice

leather sissy gloves = 96 AP 17 Hit and 24 Crit and 0 Stam
Furious Deathgrips = 128 AP 25 Hit 4 Crit and 37 Stam

Corbusier
05-26-2008, 05:42 PM
If you are not killing Gruul regularly IMO Furious Deathgrips are nice

leather sissy gloves = 96 AP 17 Hit and 24 Crit and 0 Stam
Furious Deathgrips = 128 AP 25 Hit 4 Crit and 37 Stam

And the mail badge gloves are better than all 3.

Brucimus
05-26-2008, 08:29 PM
Gauntlets of Rapidity ? may have more Crit but I always thought AP was king and dont forget Kings

Corbusier
05-26-2008, 08:44 PM
I didn't forget anything.

They're better.

Brucimus
05-26-2008, 09:03 PM
blah blah blah Corb...they are better because you say so blah blah blah

Corbusier
05-26-2008, 09:34 PM
Ok, don't believe me.

wtf do I know anyway

AdrenalizeSC
05-26-2008, 10:21 PM
Angelista's Revenge or Legplates of Unending Fury would be my first to grab ... The ring is a house, lasting into BT, and the Legplates are along with Greaves of the Bloodwarder from Solarian, depending on stat balance.

Gauntlet of Rapidity are good, but you have access to some very good gloves from Gruul in Gauntlets of Martial Perfection... go legs or ring, personal preference, since you also have the chance for Ring of 1K from Prince

Xodiv
05-27-2008, 12:44 AM
blah blah blah Corb...they are better because you say so blah blah blah

No actually they are better because they are better. That wasn't a very nice way to respond; if you disagree then we would love to hear your reasons rather than a personal attack.

Leytur
05-27-2008, 04:14 AM
No actually they are better because they are better. That wasn't a very nice way to respond; if you disagree then we would love to hear your reasons rather than a personal attack.

Actually neither you nor Corb offered a reason why YOUR opinion was better.

I don't see what's better about the mail ones either. I agree, downgrading armor class is for sissies.

Xodiv
05-27-2008, 05:53 AM
Neither I nor Corb went about being abusive while disagreeing. Do you see the difference here?

Corbusier
05-27-2008, 08:08 AM
It's not an opinion. They're better because they simply have more DPS stats, and if you plugged them into any spreadsheet you'd be able to figure that out for yourself. I don't have time to spoonfeed every single person; I'd rather give them the tools to figure it out for themselves. Which I have. It's up to you to use them.

I agree, downgrading armor class is for sissies.
Have fun doing less DPS then.

Meeks
05-27-2008, 08:17 AM
I agree, downgrading armor class is for sissies.

Actually downgrading armor is for the manliest of warriors. What is more manly then taking even more damage, getting mroe rage, and pushing the limits of your endurance? If anything wearing heavy armor is for sissies.

Tatt
05-27-2008, 10:41 AM
Umm, did someone use the word sissy here? Again, the more professional and polite we keep these forums, the mroe everyone benefits. The more insulting and petty we get, the less the community authors are willing to share, and we all lose out. Leave the flaming and stupidity at home please.

And the mail gloves are better, I checked 3 different sites to compare for those who still disbelieve.

shiz98
05-27-2008, 03:11 PM
Actually downgrading armor is for the manliest of warriors. What is more manly then taking even more damage, getting mroe rage, and pushing the limits of your endurance? If anything wearing heavy armor is for sissies.
Pfft, you only say that because you don't have the stamina to carry around all that heavy metal for a whole raid, in the hot sun. Uphill.

I don't have time to spoonfeed every single person; I'd rather give them the tools to figure it out for themselves. Which I have.
True, but those tools still just say that "X is better than Z" without saying why (as I will do now).

Gauntlets of Rapidity:
78 AP
1.85% crit (w/ kings)

Furious Deathgrips:
74 AP (w/ kings)
25 hit

Ignoring sockets, the Gauntlets are much much better. With sockets, they still are. All this assuming you're hitcapped, of course. 25 hit rating comes out to 1.6% hit, which will increase your pre-crit damage on white attacks, so we're talking about a 0.5% DPS increase. The crit will give you better flurry uptime at your gear level, in addition to just flat out doing more damage.

Megatrohn
05-28-2008, 05:29 AM
As for Gauntlets of Rapidity vs Gauntlets of Martial Perfection, their total dps stats, assuming no kings and +10 str gems in all sockets, are as follows:

Gauntlets of Rapidity:
1.75% crit
98 AP

Gauntlets of Martial Perfection:
1.04% crit
112 AP

Hence the Gauntlets of Rapidity have about 23 crit rating more and 7 strength worth of AP less than the Gruul gloves, and barring extremely low levels of gear (maybe lower than possible even with entry level gear), 23 crit > 7 str.

Lots of idiots will laugh at you for wearing them cos it's huntargearlol though.

Meeks
05-28-2008, 05:48 AM
There are always a couple leather pieces that are better then the best plate pieces out there and the ocassional mail piece.

The mail belt from ROS Boneweave Girdlecomes to mind as possible upgrade from Red Belt of Battle although very minor.

Korlong
05-28-2008, 09:48 PM
The mail gloves are clearly superior. If you can't see that you need to go and re-asses your stat prioritization, and learn WHY items that are itemized like those particular gloves are almost invariably better than other items of the same itemlevel.

There are always a couple leather pieces that are better then the best plate pieces out there and the ocassional mail piece.

The Sunwell list being:
Gloves of Immortal Dusk
Demontooth Shoulderpads
Leggings of the Immortal Night
Coif of Alleria
Bladed Chaos Tunic