PDA

View Full Version : Kaz'Rogal tanking

Ulantor
05-22-2008, 02:37 PM
I'm raidleader and normal MT in my guild. I'm a warrior. We normally run with three prot specs in a raid, War/War/Pal or War/Pal/Pal. Feral or DPS warrior takes last tank slot when needed. Our best geared Port paladin does not have a good DPS set, I have a quite good one.

Enough background, for Kazrogal should I have the paladin tank? Can a paladin tank Kaz due to mana isues? If no other warriors in the raid should i spec DPS and give the raid blood frenzy? Or stay prot and Devestate DPS?

I have 1800-1900 unbuffed AP and 31% crit with 2hander using Jin'Rok, alos have 200 Hit rate with Talon of Azshara and Fury(ZA claw offhand) for DW Prot or Fury DPS.

Clifford
05-22-2008, 03:07 PM
The way we do it: I tank him (warrior) and the paladin keeps the +crit buff up for as long as he has mana before he runs away and dies a lonely death.

By the way - if you healers have approx 200SR it will trivialise the fight.

Worldie
05-22-2008, 03:31 PM
The paladin can easily tank him. Everytime we run there i tank him, i actually ask for curse of recklessness to get more damage and thus more mana back.

Just, if it takes more than 4 minutes to kill the boss, the melees will most likely die.
Make sure he got a resto shaman in party for a backup Mana tide just in case he dodges too much, and let him mana pot at the 4th mark.

Don't bother respeccing, just go dw devastate.

There's no particular reason to do so, just, if you tank, he might as well go away from the raid and go afk, if he tanks, you can still dps and help the people.

jere
05-23-2008, 08:05 PM
I will second what Worldie said. My RL was a bit concerned about me tanking him, but I have tanked him for every one of our kills, progression included (1 shot him that night). I never even get a shadow priest or shaman in my group (though I would love to have one). I just bring a stack of Dark Runes and Mana Pots and time those along with JoW on the boss.

This is one of those fights where you need fewer healers and more dps, so I would err on the side of more dps.

Greygor@Rexxar
05-23-2008, 09:19 PM
Our guild usually has me tank kazrogal (warrior) and then our pally tank swaps on his holy gear and helps heal and keep up the +crit thing. personal preference i suppose