PDA

View Full Version : Solo Tanking Kalecgos in Arcane Resist Gear

Link
05-21-2008, 12:14 PM
Let me start by saying this wasn't my idea. A leader in my guild suggested it, we gave it a shot with the few Arcane Resist items I carry around with me and it ended up working out pretty decently. (We have 2 tanks alternating Demon Tanking in the spectral realm.)

I stacked up to around 17 Arcane Buffet's before they dropped off and even then I think there was a rather large degree of luck. For this attempt I had around 220 Arcane Resist.

While I don't necessarily agree with the strategy I consider it my job to be very thorough in either making it succeed, or proving it won't.

To this end, my current armory profile is the gear I intend to do this with.

Note the 20 Arcane Resist on my Helm and the 4 stats on my arcane resist ring. I have gone all out and would welcome any suggestion, even one for a most trivial gain in stamina, armor, or arcane resist.

Now the reason for this post to begin with: What improvements can you see me making?

I intend to make the first couple attempts with Flask of Chromatic Wonder's, in order to squeeze a little more Arcane Resist into my build. If my current chance to be crit of 0.16% proves to be too much I will swap that flask out for a Flask of Fortitude.

Please do the math before you make any suggestions. Trading out a 15 stamina gem for a 4% resist void sphere would make no sense unless it allowed me to remove an arcane resist-only item for a tanking item that would more than replace the stamina I lost swapping gems.

Also please don't factor dodge into this at all. My main tanking gear for Kalecgos does not have 20% dodge in it so any gain there is simple negated by Sunwell Radiance.

And lastly, if you can see no way to improve the gear build for what I'm trying to do, feel free to let me know. The more input the better.

Regards,
-Kamisama

byechee
05-21-2008, 01:43 PM
link your armory plz!

Link
05-21-2008, 02:34 PM
My Bad. The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning%27s+Blade&n=Kam%C3%ADsama)

Zph
05-21-2008, 06:23 PM
Personally I don't know how well this would work since I have not done it, my guild does Kale with just two tanks and we just rotate one in and one out. Though from your armory I can say that your avoidance stats are way low in that gear for what I find is needed for success in sunwell.

Worldie
05-21-2008, 06:36 PM
Has actually been done by multiple Paladins, but Paladins can just bubble if we got too many debuff stacked due to unlucky resists.

I don't think it's a viable strategy for a warrior or druid due to no way to clear debuffs.

If you are planning to try, don't dare to go there crittable, even with 0.16%. You can blame unluck if you get unlucky resists, but you won't have anyone to blame if you get a 20k crit straight into your face.

Narshe
05-22-2008, 12:46 AM
I used this thing in Solarian v1.0 Blood Knight Defender.
You can put the +resist enchant on it.

Good luck with ur attempts.

Worldie
05-22-2008, 01:48 AM
I'd not suggest using that shield, the drop in armor from a T6 shield is massive.

You can get a fairly high amount of resist with craftable boots+belt+back, karazhan trinket and flask of chromatic wonder (219 if i don't remind wrong)

Indris
05-27-2008, 08:54 PM
I know this isn't exactly answering your question but .... why would you do this? :S If you have 2 more tanks going in and out of demon world, what stops you from doing a 3 tank rotation alternating on both mobs saving you lots of trouble? >.>

Worldie
05-28-2008, 08:32 AM
Having only one tank on dragons means that:
1) Tank transitions will happen only once every 60 seconds instead than every 20
2) Healers getting out of the Demon realm will 100% know who to heal
3) Less overall heal required on the dragon tank

That's about it

Link
08-13-2008, 04:06 PM
I have since moved on to a different guild but I figured I would post a follow up that this did indeed end up working pretty well.

Armstrong
08-13-2008, 08:14 PM
So just to be clear, the boss actually died?

Base
08-20-2008, 07:23 AM
I've done this (albeit I'm a pally) and it works rather nicely because I can remove the stacks of debuffs at will.

Occasionally (with 210 AR) the stacks drop off, which is nice, but the bubble means I don't have to rely on it.

Not sure I could recommend it for warriors/druids though.