PDA

View Full Version : slam rotation help

frost232
05-20-2008, 09:04 AM
I already made a post in the sticky, but no one answered ;\ here it is
"
Hey, i was just wondering how you guy shave the rage for this? im lvl 66 atm with shaarde of the greater, and doing this boosts my dps for lvling but its sporadic because i cant do the rotations due to rage problems."

sorry for 2 of the same posts but i figured people would see this easier. thanks for all help in advance!
*i now use the Honed Voidaxe
http://www.tankspot.com/forums/images/misc/progress.gif

Kazeyonoma
05-20-2008, 10:06 AM
you prioritize slam always. if you aren't gonna have enough rage to slam again, don't whirlwind/MS

White Swing -> Slam -> if enough rage MS -> white swing -> slam -> if enough rage WW -> white swing

But make sure that everytime after that white swing happens, you'll have at least enough rage to slam, if you're gonna be at 0 rage before the white swing by doing an MS or a WW, don't do it.

frost232
05-20-2008, 10:43 AM
oh ok, so ms and ww are kind of just extras? just used as fillers for exess rage?

cause i just tested, and it seems like i only have enough rage (when not getting hit) to do an ms after like 4 slams

frost232
05-20-2008, 03:37 PM
anyone..?

Spaceknight
05-20-2008, 04:15 PM
Yes they are basically fillers for extra dps. Slam always after a white hit. Usually if you crit you'll have the extra rage to MS or WW

Kazeyonoma
05-20-2008, 04:16 PM
yeh, you gotta let it roll, lots of the times also, in raid situations, you want to let the tanks get some threat going first, so just start off just white hitting a few times to get some rage, then begin the rotation.

Yes MS/WW are extras. And if you have even MORE extra (say 70+ rage) then you can heroic strike as well to replace a white hit, but remember that this requires a TON of rage to pull off.

You're better off just saving rage, and just White hit/Slam white hit slam, etc.

Keep in mind that slam will hit harder than Mortal strike, and WAY harder than Whirlwind, so prioritize slam, then ms, then whirlwind, in tight rage situations.

frost232
05-20-2008, 05:43 PM
ah ok ty, what i was doing which worked well (while waiting for responses here) was charging, MS, zerker stance, WW, MS, WW, ect it worked nicely but im lazy and thats alot of work rofl

gazhkull
05-21-2008, 10:17 PM
It will get easier as you have the means to generate more rage i.e. reaching 70, get better gear, full raid buffs (foods, elixirs/pots/flasks, blessing of might, blessing of kings, mark of the wild), and shaman buddy to drop windfury.

In short, you will probably only get to experience the full slam cycle in a 10/25 man raid. While soloing, you will probably just find yourself stuck in autoattack+slam, autoattack+slam, execute, find next target. It's much more work like this, so i usually solo dual-wielding as I dont have to pay much attention to make it work.