PDA

View Full Version : Arms PvE DPS : T3 BS Swrod Or S1/ S2 Arena Sword ?

Rishkkin
05-20-2008, 06:44 AM
I just switched to arms as my guild had a surplus of tanks (yeah it happens).

I currently wield Singing Crystal Axe it does serves me well so far.

I do however intend on switching to sword spec as soon as I can get my hand on a decent 2 Hand Sword.

My options are :

- Hope Despair drops, but every single time I went to Opera, we got BBW... nice Irony
- Get my BS from 368 to 375, craft Lionheart Blade, then upgrade it to Lionheart Champion and finally upgrade it to Lionheart Executionner That would cost me around 2k Gold (If I buy everything and I get lucky on the prices)
- Farm some honor to get either the Gladiator's Greatsword or Merciless Gladiator's Greatsword (if S4 starts soon) 2 Handed Sword. I currently have around 12k honor left, thus I would need another 15k ( I already have the 40 AV badges needed)

Our guild is clearing Kara, some of us go to Zulaman and we intend on going to Gruul in the near future. However, since I just switched to Arms, my gear won't allow me to go past Kara.

Which option would you recommend ?

I think the Gladiator's Greatsword would be the fastest to acquire (unless S4 starts in the next month which I'd be willing to wait in order to get the S2 version rather than the S1)

Kazeyonoma
05-20-2008, 10:02 AM
I'd say the glad's and merciless are your best bets, they are the top of the line weapons that you listed.

Rishkkin
05-20-2008, 10:09 AM
Thanks Kaze

I'll do some BG in the near future :-P

Just need to far 5 more primal fires for my Red Belt of Battle

after that, I'll have plenty of time for that.

MasterWolf
05-20-2008, 10:31 AM
If you can down Zuljin, his sword is hawtness.

However: have you considered going Fury for PvE? It's generally easier/more dmg...

Rishkkin
05-20-2008, 11:02 AM
Since I just switched to Arms, my gear isn't good enough to get me into Zul'Aman.

I had 0 DPS piece before switching, I'm starting from scratch.

I got the Vengeful Gladiator's Breastplate, Gladiator's Shoulder some BoE Blues (even some mail / leather pieces) I could get on the AH as far as DPS gear goes.

I really have to gear myself up before going further.

Sepulture
05-21-2008, 07:09 AM
The only reason that you should go Arms (and by arms, that means improved slam) is because of the Bloodfrenzy debuff. This increases physical damage in your raid by 4%.

Generally speaking, until you get to 25 man raids, you are going to do more damage as a fury warrior.

If your personal dps as an improved slam warrior + 4% of all other physical dps in the raid is not > your personal dps as a fury warrior, then you should be fury.

You'll probably find that you won't have the physical dps in your raids to justify an imp slam build until you start going to 25 mans, where that 4% buff really starts to add up.

Rishkkin
05-23-2008, 06:21 AM
Since most of my guildies already outgear Kara (I run with group #1, our group #2 is clearing Kara also but has more issues than our group # 1) we can afford some DPS loss from the fact that I'm arms spec.

We also have the philosophy of "play the spec you want" (as long as it doesn't comes to be the 'weak link' of your group).

As soon as I'm geared enough, I'll be able to join them in 25 mans. (might do some ZA from time to time though).

Leaf
06-04-2008, 05:33 PM
the despair is crasy... or atleast was REALLY sick... i got it first on my realm Frostwhisper eu when i was in full blues, it had a crasy high procc rate, it procc'd like every 2-3 hit... and that's a shitload of extra dps per second...

dunno now if its any good, u should try it. i dont play anymore :P

(another small dps boost if resilience dont affect it for pvp)

Rishkkin
06-10-2008, 10:14 AM
I finally went for the Lionheart Executioner. I spent my honor on S3 Ring and I'll be stacking the rest for when S4 hits.