PDA

View Full Version : SSO Pendant of Might vs Mithril Chain of Heroism

Macksie
05-20-2008, 01:59 AM
Hey guys,

I am a prot warrior and finally got to exalted with SSO but am torn if the SSO Pendant is better than my Chain of Heroism for my dps set. I am torn because obviously Strength is better scaling and with my minimal knowledge I believe that:

Chain = 28str = 56ap = ~62ap with BoK
Pendant = 64ap but with less stam and agi BUT with proc effect

I have tried looking through here but cant see anyone else in the same situation (maybe I am blind ;)) so any advice would be nice.

Max

Arrivan
05-20-2008, 02:05 AM
The Aldor version of the Shattered Sun Pendant is simply better than the Chain because of the AP proc. The Scryer version is more questionable (and I haven't seen any hard numbers on it anyway).

Korlong
05-20-2008, 08:33 AM
The SSO pendant would be an upgrade.

It models to be marginally better than the Pendant of the Perilous (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30022), but I regret replacing it because of the consistency of the pendant over the proc.

Macksie
05-21-2008, 01:00 AM
Thanks for the input, I am Aldor and I did get it in the end and have to say that I think it is better. On first attacks of a mob (after waiting for at least 1 min) it procs almost straight away and it is easy to see its effect. Just need to wait and test a bit further inside Kara/ZA.

Squeegiemama
05-21-2008, 02:01 AM
Definitely better from what I've seen after I made the same switch. If you were Scryer, maybe not, but for Aldor, its very nice.

I've retired my Mithril Chain of Heroism...probably for good.

Ahx
05-21-2008, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the input, I am Aldor and I did get it in the end and have to say that I think it is better. On first attacks of a mob (after waiting for at least 1 min) it procs almost straight away and it is easy to see its effect. Just need to wait and test a bit further inside Kara/ZA.

I still haven't replaced my Vindicator's Pendant of Triumph with the SSO Pendant of Might. I get a minor drop in AP (Not including the proc) and a fair bit of crit (29.36 down to 28.91... it's a fair bit to me anyway) I should probably do some tests in regards to damage output. Plus I'm already insanely low on HP (< 8000) so losing any more won't make me feel too comfortable for AoE affects :/

Spaceknight
05-21-2008, 10:12 PM
If you're exalted with Aldor, SSO pendant of the Might is THE best necklace until BT.

Korlong
05-21-2008, 10:18 PM
I disagree.

The SSO Pendant of Might is marginally, marginally better than the Pendant of the Perilous, and as a result I feel that the consistency of the Pendant makes it the better choice.

Spaceknight
05-21-2008, 11:51 PM
you're losing 6 static AP + a marginal percent of crit for 200 for 20 secs? every 45 secs or what ever it's internal CD is.

Tatt
05-22-2008, 02:02 PM
I think a big deciding factor for you depends on whether you are dps'ing in prot spec or fury spec. From prot, AP is more important than crit and the SSO neck would be the winner. From fury, you need crit to keep flurry up, so I would want a piece with more crit on it. I currently wear S3 neck, and have the honor saved up for S4, but keep the SSO neck around for if I happen to be specced prot.

Korlong
05-22-2008, 02:04 PM
The SSO neck has an uptime of 20%, thus the proc is equivalent to 40 attack power.

Pendant of the perilous is worth 70 attack power in raids, so you're trading:

(64 + 40) - 70 = 34 attack power

For 0.5% to crit.

And for something that close, I prefer the consistency of the crit over the attack power proc.

Brucimus
06-27-2008, 03:39 PM
A while back we had a discussion on what the better DPS neck was. Pendant of the Perilous vs Shattered Sun Pendant of Mightwith the Aldor proc.

Does the new PVP neck Guardian's Pendant of Triumph out-do both of these? oh and btw how does Choker of Serrated Blades do?

I saw the max DPS charts but I would like to get real peoples opinions (cept Corb lol) on this

Tatt
06-27-2008, 03:50 PM
Personally I feel like it has improved my dps, but I never thought the sso thing procced very often anyway. I also discussed with a few people the advantage of aggro control with the new neck. The SSO neck (aldor) procs 200 AP....which means if you are at 90-95% of threshold on your tank, pushing your dps to the limit, do you really want something to suddenly push you over? A higher AP and crit compared to hoping for a proc just always seems like a win to me.

Take this for what it's worth from my T4-T5 crappy gear standpoint :)

Korlong
06-30-2008, 07:57 AM
Vendoring my Shattered Sun Pendant of Might for the Guardian's Pendant of Triumph was the first thing I did on Tuesday.