PDA

View Full Version : Please help my DPS :(

tyboy100
05-19-2008, 03:27 PM
Hi all.
Ok 1stly im sure ill get more insults than help from this but hey we all need some advice :)

Iv been playing wow for about 18months, 6 on a private server and about 12 on a EU RP-PVP realm on a hunter.

Now the hunter is lvl 70 nearly full t4 and pve spec in a guild currently raiding anywhere from ZA-TK-SSC-MH

My problem is i recently bought a DPS warr off my younger brother who quit playing wow.

Now the warr has 4 t6 peices including chest from Illidan and ofc is full epic and also has 4/5 vengefull gear.
Now iv been playing for quite a while so am not a complete idiot (i hope) but I just cant seem to maximise this warr's DPS. Now i think a warr of this gear and spec (fury- to be exact same spec as in the 5th edition of the fury guide on here) should be doing in a raid on trash anywhere from 1000dps upwards raid buffed. However I can only manage around 800ish on normal mobs (withouth WW breaking CC). On boss's around 900.

Now Thats just not good enough IMO so is it me? Am i getting rotations wrong? I use BT, then WW if i can but usually not due to sheeps to either wait for CD or use MS to burn off some rage, then BT followed by shouts etc to boost my AP if not already done so.

Is there anything Im doing majorly wrong or just can i not expect so much DPS when sheeps are in the way of my WW?

Ill be willing to link my armoury so you can inspect my gear etc.

Basically im just looking for advice from a BT spec'd warr if possible as to why i cant do the maximum DPS with this char after reading alot of advice on this forum.

Iv been playing him for around 4 months now and my DPS is only getting better, is it just simple practice?

Thanks in advance.

byechee
05-19-2008, 03:31 PM
there really is nothing to a fury warrior other than pushing buttons. if you would link your armory it'd be the first step into being able to tell what's wrong, since simply stating "4 pc t6" isn't really a good indicator of how all your gear might be, especially your weapons. spec of course is also important, and I'm confused as to what you mean by using "MS to burn rage".

tyboy100
05-19-2008, 03:48 PM
Sorry ment HS (heroic strike!) <Twat i know lol. Ok Armoury link inc....This is the gear and set up i raid in ofc with fast weaps on execute spam (1.50 atk speed).

My other weapons are.....(all with mongoose ench)

Swiftsteel bludgeon-Mace
Vanir's right fist of Brutality (105 BOJ weap.)-MH fist weap
Syphon of the Nathrezim-Mace

Sorry unsure how to link single items (sorry I know it will take you time to look them up for their stats)

My current MH and OH i choose to use simpy due to me thinking there stats were better then both the maces? And thought maces were not good for PVE? Maybe a rumour?

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sporeggar&n=Ra%C3%ADd)

Voldar
05-19-2008, 05:02 PM
Maces are fine for PvE as fury, As you don't have a weapon spec. In Arms there is Poleaxe, Sword and Mace spec and Mace spec is sub-par for PvE. However, as fury you should be find with maces. I'm not a fury pro, I'm an arms warrior, but it seems to me you should use either the swiftsteel bludgeon and the badge off-hand if you can get it. As far as enchants, I'm not sure if fury wars go Exec/Mongoose or double mongoose, so anybody care to enlighten me there?

As I said, I'm an arms warrior, so if people want to pin down the fine points for me, please feel free, I mainly wanted to clear up the confusion regarding maces.

PS, looking at armory, I know alot of warriors go for the Grips of Silent Justice off Shade of Akama instead of T6 Gloves, due to the 2 sockets and more pen, however, if you don't have the T6 leggings to keep the set bonus you are probably better off with T6 Gloves.

shiz98
05-19-2008, 07:11 PM
Yeah, your DPS does seem a little low for your specs. If you could post a WWS report, that would probably help a lot in determining where you need to improve.

The only thing I can think of that you might be doing wrong is mis-managing your Heroic Strikes. With that level of gear, you'll clearly have extra rage to use up, but you might not have the practice to actually do it properly.

I'm not really one to give Fury advice; I haven't played it enough to feel comfortable even regurgitating information from a couple guides. My one piece of advice would be to cut HS completely out of your rotation for one fight and see how that impacts your DPS. If it goes up or remains roughly equal, than you're probably dumping too much rage with HS. The only solution for that is practice ;)

In any case though, practice, coupled with knowledge, will make your DPS go up. If you've read the guides and understand them, then your DPS will increase as you improve with practice.

Leytur
05-19-2008, 07:31 PM
Dual wielding 2 Mongooses does nothing for you. Go Executioner MH and Mongoose OH.

That is all the advice I can give as my DPS sucks.

Spaceknight
05-19-2008, 07:57 PM
First off, Too many 5 crit 7 stam. Useless IMO, get 2 5 str 7 stam and you're set for you're meta gem, after that, all other slots should be filled up with either 10 strength or 5 crit 5 str.
Get a new trinket, Wrath is terribad. IMO, you're offhand sucks, badge offhand ftw, the slow one. Oh, and get a new throwing weapon. Your rotation looks fine, just a couple of pieces of gear that is kinda odd.

mattdeeze
05-19-2008, 11:52 PM
Have to agree on the darkmoon card: wrath. It's next to worthless to you.

I'll explain why.

The buff it gives is consumed as soon as you crit, and with your already high crit, that will happen very fast. You will very rarely stack enough crit bonus from the trink to make a difference. It also has no passive stats.

tyboy100
05-20-2008, 09:26 AM
Ok guys thanks alot.

Ill resocket some gems and pick a new trinkit and will post when my armoury has been updated with it.

Ill drop HS and just keep BT up if i cant WW.

Im currently saving for executioner enchant already.

The badge weap I have is MH only, So should I use Vanir's right fist of brutality as MH and Spyhoon of the Nathrezim as OH?

Or buy a new OH badge weap for about 45 BOJ?

Thanks alot so far.

tyboy100
05-23-2008, 11:12 AM
Ok armoury should be updated.

Only changes are Badge OH with mongoose, my twatty realm cant cut the gems yet as I xferd the warr to same realm as my huntard and BT has only been on farm for 3 weeks so gems are very hard to get.

Unfortunatly Not been able to test the set up in a raid yet as iv had to use my huntard. Ill let you know how DPS comes out.

On a side note, In comparison with t4/za/badge geard fury warrs and rogue with badge fist weaps MH and OH on boss's there only doing around 850ish DPS and simialr on mobs but in other instances iv seen them top DPS charts easily.

Maybe we all just suck lol, will keep you posted.

So far were 3/4 TK and 3/6 SSC and Rage winter on farm with no attempt at second boss to give you an idea or our stanard.

All achieved within the last 4weeks^^ since 2.4

Archangelneun
06-05-2008, 07:48 PM
WTB rampage in ur rotation that should help :D !!!

fastidius
06-05-2008, 07:57 PM
macro your trinkets to BT or something also maybe......i gained alot of DPS by not haveing trinkets off cooldown

tyboy100
06-06-2008, 11:24 AM
Rampage was up and reshouted on each yellow CD.

Spec'd arms now, did 950 DPS on a moving boss so not bad ruling out most slams?

shiz98
06-06-2008, 08:51 PM
All bosses move :)

Which one in particular? For most bosses you're up against, 950 still isn't great. A highly mobile boss probably makes learning Arms all that much harder, but once you get it down, they shouldn't really impact your DPS a lot.