PDA

View Full Version : Dragonstrike vs. Wicked Edge of the Planes

Canamex
05-19-2008, 10:43 AM
Hey guys,
So I am stuck in a predicament. Right now, I am a 17/44 Fury warrior that can't seem to have any luck in getting MH weapons in SSC/TK or ZA :(. The only weapon I was able to pick up was the Season 1 sword which in my opinion is junk compared to what is out there. Right now I am a swordsmith only because I use to PvP a lot and wanted the Lionheart Executioner. So right now, I am debating about becoming a axe or hammersmith. I've been reading up on Dragonstrike and the haste seems to provide a lot of DPS compared to the Wicked Edge. BUT there aren't any DPS stats on the mace which may ultimately hinder my DPS. My stats are as follows:

AP (Unbuffed): 1960
Crit Chance (%): 27.55
Hit Rating: 182
Expertise Rating: 44 (Shard of Contempt)
Armor Penetration: 253

Now, I've also been hearing that Dragonstrike is only better for humans because of their racial stats. Anyone mind clarifying this? Once I get an answer, I'll finally be able to get a better weapon. Thanks!

Corbusier
05-19-2008, 05:01 PM
DS is about as good for humans as the badge fists, and slightly inferior to the S3 MH sword/mace.

Voldar
05-19-2008, 05:08 PM
The racial takes away 1.25% chance to be dodged as a human, equiv to 23.52 expertise.

Canamex
05-20-2008, 09:46 AM
Well that's all fine and dandy but you didn't answer my first question. Which would provide better DPS? The Wicked Edge or Dragonstrike? The reason I ask is because I don't want to go waste gold and resources for a weapon that could be replaced easily.

Alchamire
05-21-2008, 08:17 AM
If you're Human, go DST. If you're Orc, go Wicked Edge. If anything else, go badge fists. If you for some reason you can't get badges to get the fists, craft the DST. If you ONLY WANT TO IMPROVE STATS, and thats it, then go Wicked Edge.

Canamex
05-21-2008, 02:46 PM
Well won't improving stats ultimately improve my DPS?

Corbusier
05-21-2008, 03:07 PM
Well won't improving stats ultimately improve my DPS?

pro tip: haste is a stat