PDA

View Full Version : Supremus and the Hateful Strikes

bosephus
05-19-2008, 08:10 AM
Last night, Supremus hit me and another off tank with back to back Hateful Strikes within 3 seconds. Why would this happen? After one Hateful, current HP should be below not just the other tank, but probably also some of the melee dps as well.

My initial thought is that it is due to Supremus parrying an attack. Does anyone know whether this resets his Hateful Strike swing timer? The other off tank lacks expertise and I often saw him standing in front instead of to the rear or back.

Worldie
05-19-2008, 08:50 AM
Supremus can occasionally "spam" his HS if it gets dodged/parryed. I remind sometimes i found him sticking on our offtanks for 10 seconds, i even thought i had lost aggro, while instead he was just spammin HS (parry parry dodge parry dodge etc)

bosephus
05-19-2008, 10:48 AM
That's not quite what I meant. Sorry, I should have added that Supremus would kill an offtank with two hateful strikes landing while the other offtank was untouched. So the untouched offtank's health should have been higher than the offtank that just ate a single HS, but then Supremus would hit that OT again with another HS. There was no parry or dodge involved on the OT's behalf, they got hit.

Clifford
05-20-2008, 03:01 AM
Supremus can be a bit quirky at times (only done him 4x though). His hit box is huge and this can lead to some problems. I get the OTs to tank inside his legs, which seems to have eliminated the problem but only time will tell.

Dany
05-20-2008, 05:52 AM
I read somewhere around here that Supremus reset his HS each time he get parried by anyone, not only by the one getting the HS. So when he faces all the melee dps to HS an OT, there's a high chance that someone will get parried.

That's why I ask the OTs to stand in front of him with me. Dunno if it's real or not, but it can't hurt :o.

bosephus
05-20-2008, 06:22 AM
A HS reset on a parry was what I thought it might be. Why, however, would you have the OTs stand in front also? If their expertise isn't nearly 60, won't they just incur more parries?

Worldie
05-20-2008, 07:10 AM
Because if they stay behind, then when he turns to HS all the melees might get parried.

MasterWolf
05-20-2008, 10:38 AM
Get a good OT who has decent expertise. You can survive one parry. 27 might be harder.

Seloei
05-21-2008, 03:42 AM
isn't a parry hasted attack a MAX of 40% reduced swing timer on the next attack? As in if his hatefuls get parried non-stop he will only do one of the hasted attacks?

Alent
05-21-2008, 03:49 AM
Seloei - I think you're looking at parries in reverse. He has to parry YOUR attack to gain haste. He doesn't gain the haste if you parry one of his attacks, you gain the haste because you parried his attack.