PDA

View Full Version : First trip to ZA

Leytur
05-18-2008, 02:25 PM
Downed 3 bosses. I'm proud. :D

Bear, Eagle, and Lynx. We weren't even prepared for that so people had to afk to read up on Lynx.

Of course I got no loot. . .

Macksie
05-19-2008, 02:09 AM
Very nice! We are slowly going through but the guild is casual. We took bear first time and eagle took a few attempts. It seems we have an issue with guild learning to move when needed - I guess all the time it took to train them to stand still for Aran is stuck in their brain ;-)

We tried Lynx one of the first times in and actually felt like good progress on him, I think we got to last transition phase (so 25% on boss properly?) but then wiped - think that was a totem thing and late night causing people to be lazy.

Last night we had our second proper attempt on Dragonhawk and managed to down him after we finally got our tacs right - moving when needed and not standing behind tank/between boss and bridges to reduce number of people hit with flame breath. Again movement thing seemed a problem for people.

Thank god for being able to reset ;)

Leytur
05-19-2008, 03:48 AM
The volume setting changes for Eagle helped us immensely. Do NOT go by DBM on that fight. Go by the ambient sound warning.

Eagle was a chump for us. I died everytime on Bear. Pally's taunt got resisted or something. . .

Macksie
05-20-2008, 01:03 AM
Hmm well the only problems we've had with Bear is either people rushing too much trying to get chest and making mistakes or just simply too low dps meaning that healers mana is depleted far too quickly. But we normally do it with two prot warriors (me on one of them as OT then I swop back to my lock who is sitting outside).

Kerchunk
05-20-2008, 01:34 PM
The volume setting changes for Eagle helped us immensely. Do NOT go by DBM on that fight. Go by the ambient sound warning.

DBM works fine in my experience. Collapse at ~7 seconds on cooldown, expand after storm.

This usually results in a little time stacked up, and a couple debuffs on the Tank, but unless your healers are undergeared for the instance (or dead) it's not a big deal.

Besides, giving yourself a little extra time to collapse is a good thing. If you wait for the sound, you're really relying on faster reflexes from the raid - not to mention 0 ventrilo latency. A little lag burp wipes the raid in this case whereas giving yourself the 5-10 second window more or less guarantees you have time to get everyone stacked up.

Works great the times I've done it.

Macksie
05-21-2008, 01:10 AM
We normally use 4-5 seconds on Bigwigs warnings to collapse, I have heard about the sound setting but havent tried it yet - might give it a go on Sunday when we are next there.

Seloei
05-21-2008, 03:36 AM
You don't have to collapse ontop of the tank, just inside 10 yards of the boss (roughly the platform if the boss is in the middle) and when the mod bugs out, just stand there and if the person is a bit too far, move to him.

Gratz btw on the first trip, and the loot is "usual". Took the OT 14 ZJ kills before he got his chest, still waiting on the axe... and we have gotten 0 shoulders, shields, block rings and hlm heads :s

the hardest part in ZA is the "retard check" and if one person messes up, it quite often results in a full wipe (eagle for sure, sometimes on hawk/hlm/zj)