PDA

View Full Version : question about tanking T5 and beyond

Natit
05-18-2008, 05:14 AM
Ok so far i havent had any complaints from people about my gear or tanking, however i want it to stay that way. My guild just downed hydross for the firs time last week and with my gear i was wondering where i should start to improve. I know that until we get farther a lot of what i have cant be upgraded but i was wondering especially about gems and enchants if i needed more hp over avoidance. personally i like avoidance but i can feel that i might be getting to the point where i want more stam/ hit. any suggestions on wat i will need in the future?

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Maelstrom&n=Natit)

Exidus
05-19-2008, 12:30 AM
Before anyone can answer this question in great detail, you need to say what tanking role you are in the raid. I'll give you an example..
For Hydross, are you one of the add tanks, or hydross tanks? Are you usuallly the MT of the raid, or one of the OT's for bosses w/ no adds? (aka Gruul and Mags)
If your guild/raid currently focusing on just SSC, or also TK as well?
All of these fights require different gearing, for each different role within them.

Natit
05-19-2008, 02:52 AM
ok sorry for not being specific enough :). I both MT and off tank with another person in the guild(also warrior). We havent started TK yet but i believe we will be within the next week. I am the NR resist tank on hydross, and have a full NR set. As to how much i would MT compared to OT i will probably OT more but a lot of times one of us will be there when the other cant make it etc, so its not as if either of us is delegated. Hope that helps if not let me know wat else i can say.