PDA

View Full Version : [WARRIOR gear rev.] non-raider ZA wannabe MT

ramboli
05-17-2008, 04:39 PM
OK, basically I don't raid 25 man content, because of my situation (time zone difference), but I still like to raid, so I mostly run PUGS and a lot of them are pretty good.

I am looking into eventually running ZA myself and as such I would like a check-up or two for my gear. What can I improve/is worthwhile to get from sources other than the 25-man raids that aren't available to me.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&n=Ramboli

Here is a also an intersting site some of you might not have seen before, but from the assesment of it I am good to go for ZA:
http://be.imba.hu/?zone=US&realm=Shattered+Hand&character=Ramboli

I Hope at least one good soul checks my thread.

Brucimus
05-17-2008, 05:04 PM
Dude you look good to go...I would keep running Heroic MrT for Both Trinkets, Get the Badge Bracers, pvp some and get the S1/S2 Chest and save for the newer Badge Belt.

I love the Autoblocker but i would get it after you are all purpled

Leytur
05-17-2008, 05:23 PM
As of right now you have equiped a cloak with no enchant :O

The two badge cloaks are pretty nice--one is a survival cloak and one is a threat cloak. I have the survival one (Slikk's) but I would love to have the other as well. I'm pretty sure it's only 25 so it would be a nice upgrade. The badge bracers are great for both survival and threat as they have a nice expertise bonus (yours is a little low).

A lot of your stuff is better than mine. . . a lot of my stuff is better than yours. . . and tomorrow I'm going into ZA for the first time so I say to you--Go for it! Haha. Only one way to find out. . .

Brucimus
05-17-2008, 05:54 PM
The Cloak should be enchanted but is not somewhere i would upgrade immediately. Devilshark is still better then many Epics and the best blue tanking item in the game

Canadianpimp
05-17-2008, 06:54 PM
You could probably OT ZA, but you're a little undergeared to MT. As said, farm MgT for the Commendation (AND Shard just to have), as well as some badges for the ring, belt, chest and pants. Also, try to run Kara to pick up Moroes' pocket watch. It's an invaluable trinket and even if you don't get it, it's still easy badges.

Connandy
05-18-2008, 01:32 AM
Depends how much your group is desperate for a tank and how well they are geared and experienced (both healers and dps team). Some groups are so uppity they won't run without a T6 tank, and quite frankly,

The chest might be your easiest upgrade, as it is quite a chunk of HP and especially armor opportunity. Depending on what you prefer, options are nightbane's chest (feeling lucky?), badge's (avoidance, which might not be the best choice for that level of content, but high defense allow you do put more threat gear elsewhere, like replacing Dabiri's) and arena's. Devilshark's is definitely worth enchanting.

Gem-wise, my strategy is to get the socket bonus only if it's a purple (mechanar's parry+stam or shadow Lab's dodge+stam, or even sovereign if the bonus is good) or a green gem (def+stam) away from all blue +stam. I am not sure k-town gear level is the best time to gem for +hit and avoidance if you want to learn new content. There are a few hp checks in there, and you can't bet one having kings+fort+imp every time. I think it is possible with your current gear, but the success rate, especially with an unexperienced raid, might sink your group before its time.

ramboli
05-18-2008, 05:14 AM
UPDATE:

Luckily I had 100 badges laying around so i got the new chestpiece, which was the biggest upgrade. Also I did get moroes trinket this week just forgot to equip it. That puts me to 14k unbuffed, which is low i know, but i have nice ammount of mitigation (16k arm) and avoidance (dodge + parry ~ 40%).

I am definately going to work on the MGT trinkets for stam. The one thing that I am confused about is the new gear not having shield block but expertise, so how do you guys go about that.

Thanks all for your contributions.

Keep them comming. :)

Leytur
05-18-2008, 02:24 PM
I just got done with our first ZA run and MT'ed Bear, Eagle, and Lynx. So if your gear looks comparable to mine hit it up.

ramboli
05-21-2008, 04:39 PM
Well, IT HAPPENED. Tankspot.com is the best site, and of course you guys as well:). I tanked the entire thing and Zul'jin too :). Easy. I respecced back to pvp, but i left my gear on for reference.

Oh and I kinda lied about 25-mans lol, I lead a pug Gruul's the other day. So I guess I am doing them.

Pug BT here we go!