PDA

View Full Version : Kael - Grand Astromancer Capernian

suffer
05-16-2008, 04:15 PM
So, we've had our second night trying Kael now and have gotten to phase 4 a couple times. Our bane is Capernian, as she is killing us in phase 3. I don't quite get it, because no one else seems to have any issues with her, but our main tank (warlock) keeps losing aggro on her.

Setup:

Warlock MT Capernian from 25-35 yards away in back of room. We have an OT druid standing about 15 yards away from her (in FR gear) to eat the conflag. Problem is sometimes the lock gets conflag'd anyway and she goes and pwns a healer/dpser.

From what I'm guessing we are either doing something wrong with keeping our MT too far from her, or we need another lock (OT) generating threat on her.

Comments appreciated many times over...I'm so eager to get this bad boy down. Thanks.

Fayre
05-16-2008, 04:26 PM
Okay... hint here :) Look at the 'use' effect on the staff. My guess is that your warlock tank isn't keeping himself buffed.

Clifford
05-20-2008, 02:50 AM
In phase 3 you only need one healer (with legendary mace) and one warlock (with staff "used") to tank Capernian without issues.

Which order to you kill the adds in phase 4? Perhaps he needs a little more time? Perhaps he forgot to remove Salvation? We killed them as follows: (1) Thaladred (all ranged) and Telonicus (all melee) (2) Sanguinar and then (3) Capernian.

Furthermore, we never used anyone in FR gear to eat conflags and healed through it easily enough.