PDA

View Full Version : question about the trash right before Najentus

Lavache
05-16-2008, 09:22 AM
i feel like a scrub for asking this, but here goes:

the big pull before Warlord Najentus with the generals, casters and elementals - what is the best way to handle this? for some reason this pull wiped us across the floor all night last night. ive heard 2 rogues makes it a lot easier due to sap, but that isnt something we have available 99.5% of the time. last night we had two prot tanks, a paladin and two dps warriors with decent tank gear.

Worldie
05-16-2008, 07:37 PM
Interesting, i never ever thought of saps.

However, you MD-pull the 2 generals down in the slope, and people who have to CC apply the CC in the while. The generals will dispel the CC (it has a range) and make mobs immune to it. A third tank must taunt them and hold them for the 4-5 seconds of immunity to CC, then they must be rebanished-sheeped.

Sleep (if you got turtles) will not be dispelled. I never thought of Sap, might be worth trying it next time.

Clifford
05-17-2008, 02:59 AM
Thats a five npc pull as I recall. Get two mages to spam-sheep the caster/healer ones and tank the others. If required hibernate the turtle.

Worldie
05-17-2008, 09:41 AM
It's in theory 4 NPC + possible adds.

Fayre
05-17-2008, 04:07 PM
Would be interested in hearing how sap helps, actually... we've been having some trouble with that pull too.

Minirage
05-18-2008, 01:22 AM
We always use sap on these pulls. By the time sap breaks we either have a tank available or mage is on it.

Lavache
05-19-2008, 07:06 AM
Interesting, i never ever thought of saps.

However, you MD-pull the 2 generals down in the slope, and people who have to CC apply the CC in the while. The generals will dispel the CC (it has a range) and make mobs immune to it. A third tank must taunt them and hold them for the 4-5 seconds of immunity to CC, then they must be rebanished-sheeped.

Sleep (if you got turtles) will not be dispelled. I never thought of Sap, might be worth trying it next time.

once down the ramp do the generals continue to break the CC or can we safely let the CC alone until the generals are dead?

Worldie
05-19-2008, 08:50 AM
They keep breaking CC on the closest one

Jericho
05-23-2008, 02:21 AM

In my experience this is not true. The turtles will get un-hibernated.

That being said twin turtles is still the best of pulls. The elementals are much more painful because of the general's than anything else.

Since our first attempt in, we have used Sap on ALL the non general humanoids, Hibernate/Banish the pets and let our mages clean up broken hibernates. The anti-CC ability that pops them but only makes them immune to the form of CC that was on it when popped for several seconds. It can not "pop" Sap either. So Hibernate Turtles and when they are unslept they are sheeped, until they can be reslept. Once the saps are up, at least one general should be dead, allowing the first tank to pick up the "pets" while the mages sheep the sap targets.

The pull right before and the elemental pull right after Najentus are the two most difficult pulls in the ENTIRE instance. The pull before can be done with 2 tanks. The pull after can be done with one tank and the wonderful thing called Earth Elemental totems.

Lavache
05-23-2008, 06:50 AM
we finally lucked out last night and got 2 generals, 2 harpooners and 2 turtles - one shot the pull and after some group adjustments killed naj'entus. thanks for all the help.

The anti-CC ability that pops them but only makes them immune to the form of CC that was on it when popped for several seconds. It can not "pop" Sap either.

that is good information to know.

Satrina
05-23-2008, 08:17 AM
The pull right before and the elemental pull right after Najentus are the two most difficult pulls in the ENTIRE instance. The pull before can be done with 2 tanks. The pull after can be done with one tank and the wonderful thing called Earth Elemental totems.

Don't bother killing the elementals after Naj'entus. Have a hunter send in pet and run away down the ramp, feign death just before they catch up. Meanwhile, the raid runs up the pipe. Summon hunter, don't suck on Supremus, then you just port in from then on.