PDA

View Full Version : Should I pick up any T5 set parts?

Caelis
05-15-2008, 05:37 AM
Hi guys,

I am a tank in a small guild which has got ZA on farm for a while now and which recently formed a raiding alliance with another guild in order to experience 25-man content. It's going well so far, and we have been able to down Hydross and Lurker in a reasonable time frame.

Now I'm wondering if I should pick up any T5 set pieces at all, or if I should better pass on them for the benefit of the rest of our raid, given my current equip. The EH calculator and raid zones minimum thread tell me I should be ready for the beginning of BT/ Hyjal, which lead me to this tought.

Here's my armory link (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Malfurion&n=Caelis).

I was thinking about picking up the T5 gloves and shoulders for the first set bonus and passing on the rest, but any input from you guys would be highly appreciated.

Crommi
05-15-2008, 06:41 AM
T5 shoulders are an upgrade over yours, but I wouldn't really bother with gloves and leggings. Bonefist Gauntlets seem better than T5 and 2.4 badge leggins are clearly an upgrade over T5 leggings. I just don't see the point of "downgrading" your overall gear for the set bonus.

Lionides
05-15-2008, 07:30 AM
I must agree mostly with Crommi here , the T5 shoulders are defo a nice one to have apart from that its just the set bonus that you have to consider . Personally I have allso decides just to go for T5 gloves and shoulders for the first set bonus and pass on the rest for my guild , the second set bonus is really nice for threat build but just not worth the overall downgrade in gear :)

Caelis
05-15-2008, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the replies. :D

I think I'll go for the Bonefist Gauntlets and the T5 shoulders then, and will pass on the rest.

I was worried my relatively low block value might be an issue, which is why I was thinking about picking up two T5 parts for the first set bonus in the first place... But hey, I'm gonna leave AoE tanking to our prot pala anyway. :)