PDA

View Full Version : am i doing something wrong?

hakemin
05-14-2008, 04:47 PM
i made the switch from prot to arms but now i cant seem to get an invite to raids is my gear THAT bad?

i feel i have my slam rotation down pretty good and i have put some time into my gear and thought it was ok (yeah my hit is still low )

is my spec ok?

any gear suggestions?

thanks

Hakemin (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadowsong&n=Hakemin)

gazhkull
05-15-2008, 10:54 PM
There are so many DPS warriors. And rogues. And DPS casters. And hunters.

A raid will bring try to along one Arms warrior to provide Blood Frenzy. Fury warriors may get in if they can do decent DPS, but the other DPS classes can bring other raid-friendly abilities (e.g. sheep, banish, trap) in addition to DPS.

If my intention is to do the most damage personally on a warrior class, then I would look at speccing Fury.

Shadowhaxor
05-20-2008, 06:45 PM
i made the switch from prot to arms but now i cant seem to get an invite to raids is my gear THAT bad?

i feel i have my slam rotation down pretty good and i have put some time into my gear and thought it was ok (yeah my hit is still low )

is my spec ok?

any gear suggestions?

thanks

Hakemin (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadowsong&n=Hakemin)

Don't feel bad... er, wait scratch that.. Get pissed. I don't think that your dps is to blame... or even if it is, the population of WoW are simply to narrow minded to believe that warriors can do decent dps and are capable of topping heir group or raid's dps. I'm in a similar boat. I used to be my guild's number #1 dps warrior (fury) til we started running out of mages and we needed dependable mages in our raids. So I told my gm that I switch my main from my warrior (which at the time was doing 800-900 dps when buffed) to my mage (which started as a play thing on my tanking downtime back in MC/BWL/AQ).

Now that we have more mages than I can shake a stick at and 2 dps warrior signups, I can't get my warrior back. Despite being able to rock the dps meters when needed or OT as well. To make it worst, I can't even get badges unless I beg someone to go on a kara (I went from SSC and TK to Kara????) run as I can't get on any Heroics (Blah blah, warriors can't dps... blah you're as useless as a ret pally....blah we need cc... etc) unless I use my mage and hope that they let me sub my warrior in for loot I want.

:(

As such, I even thought about deleting my warrior, but I love him so :)

Sigh!

Shadowhaxor (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Windrunner&n=Shadowhaxor)

Soldar
05-20-2008, 11:34 PM
Your problems may just be from the guild/server impression of dps warriors. I'd recommend that u switch your meta to Relentless Earthstorm Diamond as long as you can meet the gem requirements. You should also try getting +6 Stats to chest enchant. Surefooted for your boots isn't a bad idea either to boost your hit rating.
You also may want to talk to your raid leader to determine specifically why you are not being invited.