PDA

View Full Version : How much HP for a fury warrior?

Dilly
05-13-2008, 11:59 PM
Been working alot on my dps/fury set lately and have started to aquire some very nice gear and stats. However, my health is only around 8.5k.

Is this exceptable? How much health should a well geared fury warrior have?

Here is a link to my armory
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadowsong&n=Dezel)

I am prot speced but am just working on my dps/fury. I realise i hade my tanking trinkets on when i logged.

Thank you very much for your help!

Kazeyonoma
05-14-2008, 09:03 AM
A fury warrior will be much like a rogue in that you shouldn't be getting hit anyways. In order to top the dps charts and be the best dps character you can be, you'll have to go glass cannon. Wear whatever upgrades the best for your dps stats, and that includes leather or mail. And your hp really shouldn't matter unless there is a mechanic for a fight that requires all raiders to have x amount of health.

Crimsonstorm
05-14-2008, 10:59 AM
I have 12k unbuffed, ~14k buffed without commanding shout.

S3 gear is better dps than almost anything pre-BT, some pieces are even above T6. S4 gear will be even better. Unless youre in BT, you should be wearing close to full S3 to dps with, just using a few PvE pieces in slots where the S3 is weak on dps stats, like gloves.

You can do top dps while having a ton of survivability. (Pull aggro on trash and dont die, have plenty of hp to not die to various aoe dmaage effects, etc. Dead dps = no dps).

Myzery
05-14-2008, 12:58 PM
Crimsonstorm is right:
Season 3 gear (S2/S1 too) is some of the best DPS gear for warriors outside of T6 raids. It's heavily loaded with stamina, so you will see yourself around 11k/12k unbuffed. The badge gear has a small budget of stamina too, so that will help also.

Even as a dps warriors, you may be called upon to tank without notice. Tank dies, you pull threat, CC breaks, you get some adds, etc. Odds are your probably the most durable class besides your tanks. Also, Melee classes seem to take quite a bit of AoE/ancillary damage so don't feel like that stamina/resilience is a complete waste.

I've offtanked Gruul from 40%, necromancers in MH, adds on Mag, countless trash mobs, Eagle boss from 15%, even some heroic bosses all in full dps gear and not expecting to tank on that fight.

Don't forget a macro to throw on your shield, pop defensive stance, etc. It's one of the strengths of the warrior class.

Dilly
05-14-2008, 10:38 PM
Thanks for all the replies. I guess for now until i get the S3 gear i will be using badge, crafted, and dropped gear to crank out the dps, have mainly followed the gearing guides in the DW fury guide to gear my fury warrior. Guess ill have to make sure i dont pull aggro lol. Thanks for all the help!

Crimsonstorm
05-15-2008, 04:03 PM
Other advantages of good hp/armor are that on bosses where you must tank for one part of the fight (like when an add comes, on the channeler at the beginning of mag, a hunter pet on karathress, or whatever, then you can be in full dps gear with a shield + defensive stance for the part youre tanking, and be ok. Same with tanking trash, or when you pull aggro on trash.

Rocki
05-20-2008, 09:13 AM
I've got 11k unbuffed atm, and that's with just S2 Chest. All the rest is T4/5 quality DPS gear. The extra 1k I'd get from S3 isn't a deciding factor to push me into arena (which I hate, I'm a carebear). And as mentioned, this amount of health and armor (10k armor unbuffed) does allow you to just slap on a shield and offtank for certain encounters (in my case, I've done channelers on Maggy, melee adds on Lurker, and 1-3 mobs in Hyjal waves).

Corbusier
05-20-2008, 09:29 AM
the amount that comes on your gear is more than enough