PDA

View Full Version : Mount Hyjal......so disapointed

Kamani
05-13-2008, 10:33 PM
So....today I joined a 6/9 BT 5/5 Hyjal guild. Did my first Hyjal clear and wow.....honestly the worst raiding instance I have experienced. Trash wave, trash wave, trash wave, trash wave, tank and spank boss, bad loot rinse repeat.

Anybody else thoroughly disappointed with Hyjal? Was so excited too due to the lore behind it.

Rak
05-14-2008, 12:34 AM
Pretty much everyone agrees that it only exists to torture guilds that still need to run it.

Indris
05-14-2008, 04:20 AM
I liked it the first 1-2 times around, it did get boring quite fast though. Especially if you're a prot warrior in a guild that has a prot pala to do the waves >_<

Clifford
05-14-2008, 04:43 AM
I like it :) But only been there about 4x.

Worldie
05-14-2008, 06:02 AM
You'd hate it even more if you were that prot paladin since you would be the only tank who can't afk during waves.

nimchip
05-18-2008, 12:29 PM
I like it better than the standard static trash instance. It makes it go faster.

Brucimus
05-18-2008, 01:21 PM
I Love Hyjal so far ...we havnt gotten past Kaz'Rogal yet but I can't wait to try again

rocket808
05-26-2008, 08:39 PM
You'd hate it even more if you were that prot paladin since you would be the only tank who can't afk during waves.
OMG you speak the truth...

The worst is when you run it over and over only to have none of the loot you want drop.

pompuspilot
05-27-2008, 12:30 AM

lawl, wish i could sleep thru it, the hardest part of my job is keeping aboms off the pally tank so he doesnt get insta gibbed

Sirq
05-27-2008, 05:02 AM
I find tanking generally 'fun' and that's the reason I have a tankadin/protwarr and a feral druid i guess, and the more mobs I tank, the more selfsatisfaction I get :P
and then some random OT comes in and taunt in which I go mental on TS

bludwork
05-27-2008, 06:28 AM
as a raider being run through an instance is like the worst thing for me, MH is so easy it should have been a tier5 instances, but you would have liked it more if you learned it as a guild imo.

that said it still sucks :)

Satrina
05-27-2008, 06:43 AM
I hated MH from about the third wave of trash on Rage Winterchill our first time in. So much potential that was ignored and instead we have the worst raid instance ever conceived.

Worldie
05-27-2008, 07:01 AM
I hope you don't go mental if anyone comes and taunts a necro, banshee or abomination off you.

rocket808
05-27-2008, 09:05 PM
lawl, wish i could sleep thru it, the hardest part of my job is keeping aboms off the pally tank so he doesnt get insta gibbed

i usually wings-holy wrath-consecrate nowadays to try to get all the aboms, at least for a bit, if anything to make it a litlle exciting. using the moroes trink for this with my max avoidance gear and even taunting back a hunter kited one makes it more fun for me.

4 necros though - yuck.

Sirq
05-28-2008, 12:00 AM
I hope you don't go mental if anyone comes and taunts a necro, banshee or abomination off you.

if im on my tankadin I always have to say it..
and when i'm on my warrior they always do it without even sayin ''I thought i'd take the stress off'' .. durpti durpti durp

necro's are np on my warr, as I always save up on rage for the next wave, spellreflect ftw, which also gives me alot of threat so the mages don't get pewpew'd when the sheeps break

ps; it's quite fun to see (depending on the caster mobs) all boltz flying back :>

Aughban
05-29-2008, 12:49 AM
i love hyjal, its effectively

1) Scratch my bum while me nd my other warrior tank guildie watch the paladin do all the work for the trash in human camp, tanks some bosses and go back to doing nothing.

2) Horde encampment, go infernal hunting for any the huge number of warlocks my guild takes haven't banished.

3) Archimonde? Roll to see who tanks him and the other does dailies

Its a nice one day clear instance, its different to the typical dungeon however i agree there is alot of potential they didn't use.

byechee
05-29-2008, 09:56 AM
i wish we had a pally tank at any point in time for hyjal. having to try on trash really sucks.

Rhea
05-29-2008, 03:17 PM
if im on my tankadin I always have to say it..
and when i'm on my warrior they always do it without even sayin ''I thought i'd take the stress off'' .. durpti durpti durp

necro's are np on my warr, as I always save up on rage for the next wave, spellreflect ftw, which also gives me alot of threat so the mages don't get pewpew'd when the sheeps break

ps; it's quite fun to see (depending on the caster mobs) all boltz flying back :>

I love the wave in the Horde camp, i think its one of the 4. boss, with all the casters in it, either u time the reflect right and it looks freaking cool, or, u just fail and die xD
another thing that we tried recently and is a lot of fun, get your priests to mind control the necros and put the haste buff on the melees (i try to convince them to all stack them up on me when im tanking) you'll see some crazy prot dps/tps xD

Satrina
05-29-2008, 06:09 PM
Sometimes we leave the paladins at home just to make it a little bit less oh god kill me now in there.

Sirq
05-29-2008, 11:30 PM
I love the wave in the Horde camp, i think its one of the 4. boss, with all the casters in it, either u time the reflect right and it looks freaking cool, or, u just fail and die xD
another thing that we tried recently and is a lot of fun, get your priests to mind control the necros and put the haste buff on the melees (i try to convince them to all stack them up on me when im tanking) you'll see some crazy prot dps/tps xD

yea that pack is dire, i got in combat once with like 20 rage and bloodrage on c/d -.- and then I got pewpew'd

Worldie
05-30-2008, 03:58 AM

You'd be surprised of how we do it :)

And yes it's the 6th of Azgalor, 6 necros and 6 banshees

Sirq
05-30-2008, 04:20 AM
You'd be surprised of how we do it :)

And yes it's the 6th of Azgalor, 6 necros and 6 banshees
do tell :P

* have belfs silence em all and AE tank ? * :o

Satrina
05-30-2008, 05:24 AM
We just run a random paladin up to get aggro and then bubble off the wave of death, then pick up the mobs from there.

brain9h
05-30-2008, 09:00 AM
We just crafted a full shadow resist set for one of our tanks. He equips this set and soaks all the damage

Rhea
05-30-2008, 09:16 AM
I think the easiest tactic is to get all NPC's especially the taurens involved in the wave before the 6th, lure them down to the entrance and just banish one of the mana leeching demons, the taurens will just rip the crap out of the casters^^
But i love the idea of the shadow resist gear xD

adamb10
05-30-2008, 02:21 PM
Hyjal trash kills me inside. Over the course of 4 bosses, 8 waves each I absolutely hate it. Worst yet when you do wipe to a boss, you gotta do all those waves again. Ugh.

Worldie
05-30-2008, 07:11 PM
We just crafted a full shadow resist set for one of our tanks. He equips this set and soaks all the damage

This was.

AoE silences and AoE stuns are a plus tho.

Elcolombiano
05-30-2008, 09:04 PM
i run up, pop spellreflect while hunters multishot-misdirect me, then run like a madman to the healers who all spamheal me ;) during the running casters get sheeped/banshees get shackled. i keep spellreflecting every 10 secs as to make sure any untanked casters stay on me untill picked up by the melee or another tank.

works wonders!

nobel
06-05-2008, 12:35 PM
actually im fairly discouraged with alot of the content in BC.. i haven't seen BT yet or sunwell.. but hyjal which i was extremely looking forward to is just a bore and the bosses outside of the last two are easy..

The most fun i have had tanking would be on Alar, i have heard there are some interesting fights in BT which im looking forward to.

Hyjal is a huge disapointment imo.. they could of done so much more rather then just craptastic trash with simplistic bosses.

Splug
06-10-2008, 12:18 AM
Hyjal is pretty lame. It's pretty cool the first few times you run it, especially if you're running without a paladin tank; you get a very "Warcraft 3" feel out of the resulting mass melee. I still remember the first time we had Thrall come crashing into melee, with his yell about bringing the fight to him being a fatal mistake, and thinking the zone was awesome. However, once the dust settles and it becomes clear the whole zone is a very formulated game of annoying trash followed by simple boss, in which a wipe results in having to clear the whole trash gauntlet all over, it loses a lot of the excitement. The lore and background unfortunately only serves to veil a mechanically poor zone.

Black Temple's better - wipes don't reset the trash! The boss mechanics are still, overall, extremely simple. 2.4 gear makes them even simpler, since it's now possible to outgear the instance the first time you step into it.

Sunwell is the first T6 instance that's really done correctly. I've only been as far as the Twin Eredar, but most of the encounters are much more engaging and require more than one or two nights to learn. I do have two complaints, however. First, the instance seems to constantly toggle the number of tanks, healers, and dps which are ideal for each fight, and does not leave enough slack to stray from that demand until an encounter has been completed several times, allowing equipment from it or beyond. It makes a very clear demand that a guild roster be significantly larger than what is needed to simply field a single raid: alternates in different classes are needed, and on farm-clear night I feel like I'm making more substitions than a high-school football team just trying to create a raid that's able to survive and tank Kalecgos, then beat out the Brutallus enrage, and then provide enough dispels for Felmyst. My second complaint is that the overall view of raid damage seems to have changed. In Black Temple, there was a generally low amount of raid damage, and with the exception of Naj'entus, it was used primarily as a penalty for players making mistakes. The level of "inevitable" raid damage is usually limited to an infrequent spike on one or two players, or small ~2k hits to a small area or group. In Sunwell, almost every encounter involves the whole raid requiring constant heal income, such as the 1k/3sec Felmyst aura or Kalecgos' arcane buffet. There is some damage that is still awarded as a penalty for slow reaction, such as Felmyst's encapsulate, or heavy spikes to force healer attention to more targets than the tanks, such as Brutallus' burns. But the inclusion of raidwide attrophy damage is a step in the direction of not so much making an encounter harder as just demanding more raid healing for the sake of breaking even.

-Splug

Tedd
06-30-2008, 02:11 PM
Fortunately, we get a ton of trash epics to keep things lively.

Not the epics, mind you, but the "OH CRAP STOP TALKING ABOUT THE LOOT AND GET ON THE NEXT WAVE" that comes over vent.

Gotta get your kicks somewhere :)

minrog
07-03-2008, 01:02 PM
I can't vouch for the pally tanks but I ended up requesting to kite mobs to the NPC's so the Hunters can do more damage. They put like one healer on the two OT kiters (he has to run around a lot hehe) and we activate NPC's the entire time. Not real useful but it keeps me occupied.