PDA

View Full Version : Archimonde doomfires changed in 2.4.2

Takethecake
05-13-2008, 09:48 PM
It seems that melee can now be the primary target for doomfires now, and doomfires don't always move out from him anymore either. Very often tonight we had doomfires spawn and go right through archimonde or the melee making this a much harder fight for melee groups than it was before.

Previously fires always went out from archi and the only way melee would get hit with them is if they looped back around for whatever reason (person it was following either went out of range, or ran sideways and not away from archi normally). Or if your melee got feared into them =P

Invisniper
05-13-2008, 10:02 PM
We had the same problem tonight. They seemed to like me more than usual also.

Worldie
05-14-2008, 06:03 AM
I'll bubble more.

Well, that was the punishment since this fight was teh easy mode for any melee

BoomBeef
05-14-2008, 02:26 PM
I hate to tell you but if you follow the EJ thread on Archi, melee DF spawns have been happening since 2.4. The new improved DF posts start around page ~53ish there.
Archimonde - Elitist Jerks (http://elitistjerks.com/f15/t13964-archimonde/)

DF seem to circle around melee on their own too and they don't seem as easy to kite straight out for ranged groups. We have only killed him since 2.4 and we just use Vent to coordinate melee movements around the DF.

I just read his hitbox got enlarged in 2.4.2. so I guess we can expect even more fires in the midst of melee and he is now doing Air Burst on tanks. That has to be a bug or expect an unforgiving fight to just get stupider with random tank Air Burst and the entire raid getting fingered. :mad:

I'll report back after trying him this week. Or maybe now is a good time to skip him a few weeks and work more on something else?

Another thought; why do they have to break things right before a new game like AoC is about to launch? Sometimes I think the Devs. are just dense.

Poolstick
05-14-2008, 08:12 PM
We did it tonight, the melee had few (if any) issues. Our tank never got airbursted through 3 attempts (luck?). The fire seemed to move quicker, but it also seemed to disappear MUCH faster as well. The fire did seem a bit more random, as it did circle around a bit more than usual (I played a warlock and I got stuck in a circle one time, easy PvP trinket out when feared, so no issue).

Also there was apparently a hotfix tonight to change some mechanics dealing with the melee DPS. I'm not really sure exactly what it was but I hear its on the bug forum.

Fight still seems pretty easymode if your raid isn't filled with a bunch of semi-unlucky retards.

Worldie
05-15-2008, 08:13 AM
The change they talk about were doomfire spawning then heading directly for melees right after appearing, which 99% of the times leaded to melee dotted and possibly dead.

sevve
05-15-2008, 04:07 PM
Did him today after hotfix. We didn't have any problems at all, and this was only our third kill.

Ruminator
05-20-2008, 12:29 PM
So, is he back to "normal" now? Just wanting to make sure before we go and waste a bunch of time on him.

Caulle
05-20-2008, 02:03 PM
So, is he back to "normal" now? Just wanting to make sure before we go and waste a bunch of time on him.

He's fixed.

Worldie
05-20-2008, 02:41 PM
I'd say that fires look like more random than before, but he's fine.