PDA

View Full Version : Ban-alanche!!!!!

Ukyo
05-12-2008, 01:52 PM
So, i've been seeing a lot of people getting either banned, or their chars getting stripped of all the S3 gear they had and their points getting deleted... and all for what?

WIN-TRADING

I've been reading about this issue for sometime now, and i feel bad for the people that are getting "ricochet'd" and did nothing wrong, or at least they didn't knew about it. All the hard work they put into getting the gear and they got screwed because "they bought points".

I got to be honest, i bought points too, and when i did i finally saw how win-trading worked. And i finally saw what the big fuzz was about. It's a pretty crappy way to play or start gaining the advantage for the big rewards (full gear, title, mount), but, it's there, and it's a serious problem. I don't feel blizzard is fixing it the way it should, but hey... "lo q sera, sera" :P

- Edit -

Blizzard Takes Action Against Win Trading - Arena Junkies Forums (http://www.arenajunkies.com/showthread.php?t=21903) -> funny link xD

What do you guys think about this issue? :D

Kazeyonoma
05-12-2008, 02:00 PM
i take no remorse for these people. I have never bought or win traded for any points. And that's just how it should be. I'm not better than anyone else in that I didn't do this, but it breaks the system that Blizzard designed for this game. Circumventing the system's mechanics by trading points, or worse, win-trading is terrible. What's the point in them working to instate a "working" arena system to benefit the good, and embellish the great, when people can just do this to work around it. It's absolute horseshit, and I support blizzard in what they are doing. It'd be equivalent to someone figuring out how to bug out Illidan so you can get warglaive without having any skill or gear for the encounter. That's how I see it, and that's warrant of a ban.

Cynocide
05-12-2008, 02:05 PM
I all for Blizzard banning those that win-trade just to get a higher rating, title, etc. Heck, I hope Blizzard bans people for purchasing points as well. It's not fair for others that are actually working to get the gear/rating/experience just for some to walk in, flash some gold, and get 800 points a week for playing 3 games.

Kazeyonoma
05-12-2008, 02:07 PM
I all for Blizzard banning those that win-trade just to get a higher rating, title, etc. Heck, I hope Blizzard bans people for purchasing points as well. It's not fair for others that are actually working to get the gear/rating/experience just for some to walk in, flash some gold, and get 800 points a week for playing 3 games.

And what's worse is that it's not just "innocent purchases". These same people, who never deserved the gear in the first place, now act as roadblocks to the legitimate players who want to get gear, but have to face full s3 geared people to get to their 1850/2000, or just points per week.

Cynocide
05-12-2008, 02:23 PM
Completely agree. That's why I show no remorse to those that were/are getting banned because of this.

mightymouse012
05-12-2008, 03:13 PM
Almost makes me scared to log on, even though im might have a 1100 rating lol, and have only been on the team im on now, but from the way it looks if someone is on my team has done it, im skrewed...Thats what im getting from that forum :(

Ukyo
05-12-2008, 04:54 PM
i wanna be a roadblock t_t

Kazeyonoma
05-12-2008, 05:08 PM
you'd be willing to be a roadblock to legitimate players by paying for points?

Rampart
05-12-2008, 05:44 PM
Not only are they banning the accounts of the win traders, but also anyone that was ever on their teams. Guilty by association is a bitch ain't it.

Kazeyonoma
05-12-2008, 06:20 PM
Good thing my only partner I play with has never left my team.

Ukyo
05-12-2008, 07:52 PM
you'd be willing to be a roadblock to legitimate players by paying for points?

I'd be willing to be a roadblock to roadblocks... sucks when geared teams play on the 1600 ratings. But oh well, it is what it is xP. Time to start spending my gold so i can buy my Cat's edge and start doing arenas seriously.

Need more comments, it's a serious issue and involves pvp! (well, arena, not pvp xP)

Karza
05-13-2008, 02:02 PM
Common sense dictates that the Arena system is no different than any other system in that there will always be people looking to "jang" it for an advantage at the expense of everyone else. I personally tend to look at this a little more harshly than a PvE exploit in that it more directly impacts other player's ability to progress. (Guild X's exploiting of a PvE bug to down a boss doesn't directly stop Guild Y's ability to down the same said boss.) In that light, I think these punishments are about right but, like any punishment, I'm sure there are some innocent people mixed in with the guilty which is always unfortunate.

Still, IMHO, Blizzard is just as guilty as the players they have banned. Win-Trading and cheating at the Arena system has been fairly rampant since the arena system has been around and it's only at the end of Season 3 that Blizzard is actively doing anything about it. I think they owe some of their legitimate customer some money back for enduring their lack of oversight. Just my opinion though.

Kazeyonoma
05-13-2008, 10:50 PM
pft, go back to TaRa kudag ;P j/k

Kazaganthi
05-14-2008, 11:12 AM
Good points here...except for this. Unless you yourself are undergeared this whole arguement is a mute point. If someone pays people to farm them a rating for gear, they don't know how to use it properly. Someone who earned their gear legit will destroy someone who farmed points. I really see it as a non factor in higher level ratings. Almost every one has the same gear at that level anyway.

Kaz

Kazeyonoma
05-14-2008, 11:14 AM
agreed, but it's rarely a "destroying" for me, it's more of a "gah, another full s3 team" that takes 30 minutes. =(

ScientificLee
05-19-2008, 12:23 AM
I actually took the time to read most of AJ post. There are some good points on both side. Of course, the funniest part of these posts is the people that got their gear removed and are crying that it will take them 5 months to get it back are the same people that call you nubs and that they could get an 1850 PR in full blues. How quickly their tune changes.

Gaamrok
05-19-2008, 02:46 AM
agreed, but it's rarely a "destroying" for me, it's more of a "gah, another full s3 team" that takes 30 minutes. =(

If you have problems with people who bought a full-s3-gear then you are not prepared!!! ;-)

To be honest, after the first 20sec we knew which team can play and which not. It's easy to figure out and fights against such teams are easy, fast and in my eyes - free wins. There's a huge difference in a S1-Druide who can play and a S3-Druide who can't. I prefere the S1-Druide as partner ;-)

Anyway, Wintrading and People who kick players out of gladirange, without ever playing a real game should be banned without any doubt. People who are in Wintrader-Teams..hmm bad luck is the wrong word, but you have to be a bit stupid if you don't realise what's going on, don't you?