PDA

View Full Version : Lynx Problem.

Bodasafa
05-09-2008, 09:44 PM
Though my guild has downed the Lynx before we took a break from ZA for a month.

We came back and for the life of me I cant remember how we handled getting the 2 tanks lined up right for the Lynx durring inital aggro so we are instep and one of us dosent take the full cleave and die.

We tried seting up by the door and adjusting as we went but that didnt work. I think the problem is I was calling the "go" and the other tank (druid) was half way across the country from me. So lag time thru vent? I lagged? She lagged? Server Lag?

My thoughts were ok we use follow. Looked like follow placed the person too far back so we scratched that idea.

My thought after the raid is have a 3rd party not myself or the other tank do a 3,2,1,GO in raid chat?

Anyway Im looking for some advice on what are you guys doing to get set up for inital aggro for this fight?

Zai
05-11-2008, 04:27 PM
Are your characters different races?

I had some problems with the lynx when I had an OT that was a bloodelf (my toon is a tauren). The size difference meant he had to stand in a very specific spot in front of me. After some obnoxious cleave deaths, we both went and got some Savory Deviate Delights. Problem solved, and we got to be tank pirates!

Bodasafa
05-11-2008, 06:46 PM
I have heard of the "hit box" issue on the lynx and the ninja food as a fix.

What Im talking about is timing the first move, right after everyone is good to go and the tanks move towards the boss for inital aggro.

It seemed no matter how we tried it we wouldnt make it "in step". We would turn around at where the boss was standing idle at first and one tank would be behind. One of us would get cleaved = raid wipe, cause the doors locked once you engage the boss.

Nayre
05-11-2008, 06:48 PM
One way that you can do it, is that you just run forward until he aggros, and then you and the other tank just stand there (in the same spot) and tank him there while everyone else spreads out. I was doing it the other way, turning him around, before and doing it that way just made it significantly easier.

bosephus
05-11-2008, 11:16 PM
We would turn around at where the boss was standing idle at first and one tank would be behind.

When I tank this, the two tanks run up together to right about where there's a pattern on the ground. Lynx will aggro and walk towards you. I don't think it's necessary to turn around.

Fayre
05-12-2008, 12:52 AM
Just run straight in, together? Don't turn or reposition him, let him come to you. Main tank stands still as soon as he aggros and stays put. He starts building aggro and its the offtank's job to stand on top of him. You have a margin of a few seconds before he'll Saber Lash, from memory.

Clifford
05-12-2008, 04:24 AM
The few times I have been there I followed a similar strategy. I walk forward and the OT follows me. We keep one healer near the door for initial healing until the raid positions itself; at which point that healer moves forward and spreads out.

Bodasafa
05-12-2008, 07:35 AM
Thanks ill try that.

MasterWolf
05-13-2008, 11:58 AM
Also, if you have a hunter, he can MD to you guys while you 2 stand on top of each other.