PDA

View Full Version : How do I PVp my ret pally

Warhooves
05-09-2008, 02:00 PM
Ok I have been pretty successful with my 69 MS Tauren warrior so far. I have a 45 Ret pally also and tried him in WSG last night for the first time. OH my God. got my but handed to me. Please any playing advise for BG's and arena tactics and playing would be greatly appreciated. Auras and judgments to have on and use. Def not like a warrior will tons of strikes and attacks. I can pve no problem when questing but BG's have me worried for now. I really am looking forward to playing my ally in Arena and Bg's

here is the link to my build

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Zuluhed&n=Fornikatin)

Warhooves
05-09-2008, 02:34 PM
That last line is suppose to be Pally in Arena and Bg's.

Horde or Nothin!! : )

thnx agn for any input and suggestions.

velouriam
05-14-2008, 12:54 AM
from the pally's that i know and have fought with...going retribution is like going fury for warriors. It can work...but u have to be very well geared..know what you are doing.. and itll be tough finding arena teams as a ret pally. My 2v2 partner is a ret pally and its sometimes frustrating have a capable healer on your team that does next to nothing for heals.

Shortypop
05-14-2008, 03:08 AM
I pvp'ed very casually with my warlock alt and a ret pally, we did manage to find a forum/blog/something that the ret pally used for finding out about gear, rotations, tacts etc. I can't locate it via google, but believe I've got it shortcutted at home - give me 8-12hours to locate it and I'll update this post :)

Updated: Cromfel.Battlefield.fi (http://cromfel.battlefield.fi/modules.php?name=Forums) -- I gather the info on the main page isnt great but the forums should be able to help you out.

We found a lock and ret pally wasn't a bad combo (although we never got serious about it), basically the sl/sl lock would keep the dpser busy while the ret burst down the healer - specced right with lower stun cd's :)

Kazeyonoma
05-14-2008, 09:19 AM
Ret paladins are very viable in small arena formats, 2s and primarily 3s. If you can get a resto shaman with a ret pally, you are looking for some huge burst.

Critkit
05-29-2008, 10:37 PM
Ret paladins are very viable in small arena formats, 2s and primarily 3s. If you can get a resto shaman with a ret pally, you are looking for some huge burst.

Primarily 3s, and 5s. We don't do quite so well in 2s, we don't have a great amount of control over what we do, and it's hard for us to keep pressure on someone. We work best in a zerg situation, so we shine in 5s with a good shaman and warrior, and two others that can help either control or burst. In 2s, not so much.