PDA

View Full Version : Rage Winterchill Ice Block on main tank??

mictavis
05-09-2008, 08:10 AM
Tanking Rage Winterchill last night I was Ice Blocked while main tanking. This was the first time that has ever happened to me. Is this normal?

klor
05-09-2008, 08:11 AM
Yes.

Gogo pvp trinket

Brucimus
05-09-2008, 10:34 AM
when this happens do you automatically lose threat?

Gworn
05-09-2008, 10:49 AM
no

klor
05-09-2008, 11:50 AM
when this happens do you automatically lose threat?

No, you just lose the ability to dodge block or parry...

So you actually get some rage ^_^

mictavis
05-09-2008, 12:10 PM
You will keep aggro but are likely to get crushed while frozen making for a large burst of damage

Clifford
05-10-2008, 03:11 AM
I love it when he ice-bolts me. I am often rage starved in this fight and sometimes stand in Death and Decay for a nice rage bar. Additionally it is far easier for healers to keep me alive than some poor clothie that is one-shotted.

Fayre
05-12-2008, 12:54 AM
It's not very difficult to heal through if your healers are already spamming you (as they should be), so don't worry about it.

Zyfer
05-17-2008, 10:07 AM
same, It's god send when I get a ice block on this boss for rage.

Zarekk
06-06-2008, 12:24 PM
Yes, he absolutely ice blocks the main tank! It has happened to me quite a few times now! I do not wear my pvp trinket however, since I already have a massive amount of healing coming my way, I don't bother.

Worldie
06-06-2008, 01:32 PM
That clearly means your healers arent spamming Smite during RW <.<

BiGjD
06-07-2008, 03:07 PM
As noticed it is possible for the tank to be iceblocked during this fight and it is something you should be prepared for at all times. Depending on your gear and overall hp it can be very dangerous but if can also be helpfull. If your gear is pretty nice and your finding yourself abit rage starved from time to time this will give you a chance to generate A LOT of rage very quickly but if your too slow on your PvP trinket it could end up messy so do not try to abuse it and get out of it ASAP :)

So yeah it's a test of reactions especially if your gear is a little crap

djiss
07-03-2008, 11:46 AM
Sorry to bring this subject back, I wondered if Escape Artist work to get out of the Ice block casted by Rage.

Xav
07-03-2008, 01:30 PM
you can't cast escape artist while stunned

djiss
07-03-2008, 02:01 PM
you can't cast escape artist while stunned

Ok, so it count as a stun. Thank for the info.
Last time we did him, I got Ice Block'ed while the trinket was on CD and died before I could try to use EA, then the other tank who picked Rage got Ice Block'ed 3 time in row. I'm the only gnome tank and was wondering if I had any advantage over other tank with EA for our next MH run. Look like no. Thank again.

uglybbtoo
07-04-2008, 01:08 AM
LOL rage hits like a pussy anyhow ice blocked and crushed or not. You couldnt seriously lose a MT to being iceblocked .. if you do get yourself a new MT or sack the healers. Death and decay is the real killer for tanks and melee and iceblock for clothies.

Few weeks ago we lost our MT and 3 healers in wave 8 and our rogue got 1 shot trying to distract so we could rez. We had a dps warrior pick him up and tank him to completion. At the end of the fight there was only me as a prot pally healing him as other 3 healers perished in D&D or iceblock.

I will give one piece of advice we have noticed tank him against a hill and try and get most to stand on side of a hill. D&D seems to be much bigger in area when on the flat than on a hill. Thus fewer people are affected in trying to get out of D&D.

djiss
07-04-2008, 06:24 AM
Well I think it's just bad luck, normally healer do a good job and the tank was me :)
I guess it was just bad luck. Maybe the healers was in the DnD, moving out and I didn't had enough HoT on me at this time. We still downed him.

AngerIssues
07-06-2008, 01:40 AM
lost our MT to 3 of these back to back to back, feral druid ended up tanking him in his dps gear since he was next on threat :P

uglybbtoo
07-06-2008, 10:21 PM
Well I think it's just bad luck, normally healer do a good job and the tank was me :)
I guess it was just bad luck. Maybe the healers was in the DnD, moving out and I didn't had enough HoT on me at this time. We still downed him.

I did have one question from before .... trinket?
Do you really equip your medalion of the horde trinket as tank?

Iceblock is 10K damage all up I would rather avoid some damage with avoidance trinket or have extra stam for the whole fight than some event that might occur every now and again.

I actually like getting iceblocked because thats one that I know a dps or healer doesnt have to survive. Once got it 4 times in a row.