PDA

View Full Version : Same old question again Mace v Sword

holliswhy
05-07-2008, 11:52 PM
Hi,

I have just started to get into arena and got to 1700 in my 2/5 S3 gear and a S1 druid.

If I do get that step into S3 weapon (1800 in Season4); should I switch to sword instead? I mainly 2v2 cos its impossible to organize arena events in a pve realm...

I am seeing less and less mace stun proc... esp. when the opponent is close to death, is this diminishing returns?

PS the sword looks so much better than the mace :> LOL
Most people think I should stay with mace tho...

Ukyo
05-08-2008, 12:13 PM
Once again, it all depends on your playstyle. If you like the extra burst you CAN get from the sword, then go for the sword. If you like controling a fight and having a tool to turn the tide of the fight at some point, then stick to maces.

I for one i'm getting the sword because after playing with SH for 6 months is getting reaaaaally boring

PS: yes, it is diminishing return, in a 5 minute game i start seeing a lot of inmunes :P

Kazeyonoma
05-08-2008, 01:42 PM
I've gone swords and its wonderful for the amount of burst it gives you but in all honesty, maces are better. There are numerous times where maces saved me, but all the sword ever got me was 1 more crit which didn't matter =(

But as ukyo states, its preference, pick what you want, but i'd have to suggest maces coming from me: who went deep thunder -> s3 sword and will be going back to maces come s4.