PDA

View Full Version : Flames of Azzinoth Tanking

Siam007
05-07-2008, 09:37 PM
My guild is banging our heads on tanking these, just can't seem to get it down.

Anyone have some tricks or tips to phase 2?

Kavtor
05-07-2008, 09:52 PM
It's just practice really. The tanks probably have more room to move than they think they do, just make sure you're not standing in a blaze, and can tell quickly with combat log / scrolling text when you are. And keep an eye out for the eye beam, and try to keep in mind where you'll go and how you'll get there for each of it's three paths.

Dany
05-08-2008, 03:59 AM
Our flame tanks had a tough night too :rolleyes:.

Until I suggested them to improve their camera's distance using some commands or the ImprovedCamera addon. You really need to see what happens around you, and don't hesitate to move.
Like Kavtor, I think you need to wipe a few times due to the flame getting enraged to really know how much you can move. We wiped 3 hours because of dying people, tanks most of the time, without seeing any enrage, 'cause they didn't want to move too much...

Avarice
05-08-2008, 03:16 PM
This was originally used to help a new in-guild druid tank, and has utterly no entertainment value, but I see no reason that it wouldn't be helpful if you are having trouble with Flame pathing etc. Note that, while I am very geared in general, my FR setup is almost no different than when it was originally made, so gear shouldn't be a problem.

There are only 2 places on each side that beams can start, so just wait for the yell and scan those 2 spots. Usually you can see one from your base tanking PoV anyway. Sometimes the blazes can become unsynched with the cone AE (as they do in this clip), so be careful with your facing and don't blast the raid.

p2tank.avi - FileFront.com (http://files.filefront.com/p2tankavi/;9849711;/fileinfo.html)

weel
05-09-2008, 12:19 AM
low spell detail - for easier time seing through the blue fire.
filter sct for dmg - so the text don't get spammy of the blue fire.

is my tips

elio
05-12-2008, 08:38 PM
How do you filter the blue flame damage?

Kavtor
05-12-2008, 09:19 PM
You don't. That's when you just have to have a feel for the range on everything, and watch your combat log and move if you see you're taking blaze damage.

elio
05-13-2008, 01:32 PM
I do have a feel for it I have been tanking the flames for over a month now- just hate all the blue flame shit damage.

weel
05-13-2008, 04:07 PM
If you use SCT there is a setting to filter out incoming dmg lower than specified amount. That way you can limit the spam from the demon fire.

Amthua
05-26-2008, 11:50 AM
http://usera.imagecave.com/jennajrules/illidan.JPG

the above diagram is a diagram that i drew up (please excuse how crude it is) to help our newer flame tanks learn how, as well as where, to go when tanking the flames. the "safe" areas are where to go based on which eyebeam hits. if beam A hits, and you are in the path of it, safe A is where to go. each safe area corresponds with specific beam. there are 4 beams that can hit, A, B, C and D. based on where the tank is when the specific beam hits, he can do one of 2 things. stay where he is, or go to the safe spot.

blizzard nicely put small "markers" in the ground where a tank can back up to and safely avoid a nasty eyebeam, as well as keep the flames close enough to avoid any enrages.

if you have any other questions, i am amthua on lightninghoof and i'd be more than willing to go over this on vent if i was not clear enough here.

good luck!