PDA

View Full Version : Hydros Stats

Silthias
05-07-2008, 02:38 AM
Right then, on monday we got our first lurker kill and now tonight we are going to take down Hydross, or thats the plan anyway. Iv done the reading i can and am now trying to deal with my gear. Iv got 279 Frost Res unbuffed, so should be fine with a pally buff aswell, I have 479 Def and 12,634 Hp, now what to do? go for more stam or go for uncritable? witht eh flask ill have something silly like 985 so close, but I would like the full 490, but what to do? is my HP going to be a problem?

Any Advice you can offer would be great.

Regards,

Silthias

Joeker
05-07-2008, 02:55 AM
I would still aim for 490 defense and as much resistance as possible makes your life easier. You could chance it but it really isnt worth it. After all you do not want to wipe the raid and tell em its because you were low on defense or resist. Stam will get to you but i trinkets to help with defense as well.

Silthias
05-07-2008, 03:13 AM
Ok redone Some things and got to 295 Res, 474 Def and 12.724, unfortunaly short on mats for a new steelweave enchant so will have to go without that atm. so lets hope that its enough :s

Regards,

Silthias

Joeker
05-07-2008, 03:16 AM
Well at this point I would sacrifice resistance for defense. With that low of a defense you are bound to be crit while tanking him when the debuff hits 100%. But if you do go this route let me know how it turns out.

madocks
05-07-2008, 04:28 AM
I tanked hydross in 300 NR and 470 defence, when he crits its for around 6-8k. Raid buffed i had 18k health

Healers can easily soak up a few crits

Silthias
05-07-2008, 04:41 AM
That is reasuring, iv gone and redone more enchants and got to 295 FR and 484 Def, with 12.7k HP unbuffed, so this should be ok with a flask i think. May still be critabel, but the chance of it will be stupidly small. I guess now it is time to wait and see what happens tonight, thnx for your help guys.

Regards,

Silthias

Crommi
05-07-2008, 05:12 AM
Yep, it's not necessary to sacrifice too many stats just to be crit immune. With 470 def the crit chance is really small already and you won't die unless you get critted under 250% debuff.

Rak
05-07-2008, 07:11 AM
His crit damage is reduced by your resistances. I've never been uncrittable or at the resist cap when I tanked him every week back in SSC.

Silthias
05-07-2008, 04:11 PM
Well we got Hydross down, I got critted the odd time, but then we went to Lurker, killed him and got my mace, putting me over the Def cap aswell, so now im sittign at Res Capped, Def Capped and reasonable HP, so thanks for the help guys.

Regards,

Silthias

Kamani
05-08-2008, 12:03 AM
I vote for stam. With like 450 defense and capped resist I am constantly rage starved. Makes holding aggro a challenge.

Nuberino
05-08-2008, 09:02 AM
With like 450 defense and capped resist I am constantly rage starved. Makes holding aggro a challenge.
Agro shouldn't be an issue in this fight at all. You should be going into your tanking phase with a full rage bar and noone should be focusing on Hydross till the adds are dead which depending on your dps could be 15-30 seconds of lead agro time. Which should be plenty of time for your dps to then open up full bore without worries of agro.

I tank with 14.5k hp, 363 resist, uncrittable (defense is like 420 but I have the resilience to make up for it) -- I use the S1 shoulders and gloves chanted and gemmed for resistance and that leaves a lot of room availble for swapping in the appropriate pieces in other slots (e.g. less worry on getting uncrittable and more worry on boosting hp).