PDA

View Full Version : Guild new to Kara

rackd8ball
05-06-2008, 08:16 AM
Hey guys:

Our guild is trying Kara for the first time as a guild. We got 6 last night and PUG'd the remaining 4 spots with epic'd out people from LFM. But we found that they kept bitching at our lack of experience as a guild and they all left before we even hit the first boss.

We're all actually quite skilled and well geared. I have 13k hp, 14.4k armor 490 defense unbuffed as main tank. Our healers all have +1000 or more heals. I felt like it was just hard organizing 10 people, especially with 4 PUGgers who forgot what it was like to run Kara for the first time.

Any advice on how to make a smoother Kara run? I've read bosskillers.com, but are there any handy guides on the trash mobs in Kara? Should we try our best to avoid PUGs while we start out on Kara?

-rackd8ball

Shortypop
05-06-2008, 09:50 AM
Hey, there was a trash guide somewhere on this site, a quick search for "karazhan" hasn't picked it up, or if it has the title's obscure, but hopefully someone else will remember where it was. As far as pugging for starting kara, it's a personal choice, I'd try and "pug" friends or friends of those raiding with you. It would help to have one patient person with kara experience to help you along, but then again lots of guilds started with no one with any experience. Main thing to make your life a little easier is to try and have some cc classes - priests, hunters. It's always tricky starting 10mans, getting 3 healers and 2 tanks to work together when they are used to being the only one in a 5man, but practice makes perfect.

Best advice I can give is to try get the same 6 people as last time, fill the remaining 4 with pug friends/guildies and be completely open about expecting to wipe.

If you've any specfic questions feel free to ask :)

Juised
05-07-2008, 04:24 AM
http://www.tankspot.com/forums/karazhan-zul-aman/36704-karazhan-trash-guide.html

everyones new sometime. nothing to be ashamed off. best bet will be to get 10 people thats from your guild. get people that will be dedicated and attend raids on time =)

Paramount
05-09-2008, 04:45 PM
No wai, a reference to something I have written. Maybe I'll work on frappsing a run and throwing it up there too...I do like videos. Hope the guide helps ya out.

SionaAmanThul
05-11-2008, 08:56 AM
actually a frap would be good.