PDA

View Full Version : Optimal Non-raid dps gear. (Fury or Prot dps)

Crimsonstorm
05-05-2008, 03:46 PM
This is a list of best in slot items that are obtained through Badges, PvP, 5 mans, Crafted, and other non raid sources. If the best item is a crafted BoP, then additional items are listed that arent based on certain professions.

For PvP I have listed items with ratings up to 1700, but not higher.
If an item with an arena requirement is listed, then the best non-rating required item is also listed after it as an alternative.

Use #1 of this list is for non-raiders to optimize their gear.
Use #2 of this list is for tanks to optimize their gear without taking any raid drops away from their dpsers, or simply to allow someone to fill all of their slots with top items in the slots where they havent gotten strong raid drops.

Best gems are:
Meta: Relentless Earthstorm Diamond
Red: Str
Yellow: Str/Crit
Blue: Str/Stam

You need at least 2 blue gems for the meta, so you'll likely be matching your sockets.

Helm: S4 Helm (1700 arena rating) OR S3 Helm (no rating requirement).
Cenarion Enchant.

Neck: S4 Neck (no rating requirement)

Shoulders: Pauldrons of Gruesome Fate (badges) w/ Aldor or Scryer exalted enchant.

Back: Dory's Embrace w/12 Agility enchant

Chest: S4 Chest (1600 arena rating) OR S3 Chest (no rating requirement)
w/ +6 all stats enchant

Bracers: S4 Bracers (1575 arena rating) OR S3 Bracers (no rating req.)
w/12 Str enchant

Hands: S4 Hands (no rating requirement) w/15 str enchant

Belt: Red Belt of Battle (crafted, BoE)

Legs: S4 Legs (1550 arena rating) OR S3 Legs (no rating req.) OR Legplates of Unending Fury (Badges). (S3 and Badge legs are about the same).
w/Nethercobra leg armor kit enchant.

Feet: S4 Feet (1700 arena rating) OR Sunstrider Warboots (Heroic Magister's). w/6 agility and Run speed enchant (Cat's Swiftness).

Ring1: Angelista's Revenge (Badges)

Ring2: S4 Ring (1650 rating requirement) OR S3 Ring (no rating requirement)

Trinket1: Shard of Contempt (Heroic Magister's)

Trinket2: Figurine: Shadowsong Panther (Jewelcrafter only) OR Bloodlust Brooch (Badges)

Main Hand: Dragonstrike (Blacksmith only) OR Vanir's Right Fist of Brutality (Badges)
w/ Executioner Enchant

Offhand: Vanir's Left Fist of Brutality (Badges) w/ Mongoose Enchant

Ranged: Crossbow of Relentless Strikes (Badges)

Tatt
05-05-2008, 03:56 PM
Just curious, but I noticed some differences between your list and maxdps.com, any idea why? Especially categories like helm, where I went for furious gizmatic goggles, or back where I am saving mats to have a vengeance cloak crafted.

Crimsonstorm
05-05-2008, 04:45 PM
My values were based on putting my raid buffed stats into maxdps.com and then seeing what comes out.

Somethings that may differ:

If you have no raid buffs, your AP is much lower and thus AP/Str gets better, and otehr stuff gets worse.

If you have no Armor Penetration, the value of armor penetration is a bit lower. However, this setup has a decent amount of armor penetration + executioner, so it should be a strong stat.

Also I have epic gem access marked (since this will be the case soon for everyone when we get the gem vendor).

For helm, S4 helm is 14 dps above Furious Gizmatic goggles for me, and S3 is 4dps above it (plus having more stam).

For cloak, Dory's and Vengeance are essentially even in dps, while Dory's has 34 stam and 20 resilience, making it superior.