PDA

View Full Version : MS or fury for pvp

Stoz
05-03-2008, 08:04 AM
what is best spec for warrior as pvp i have 60k honor and wanna get some stuff, but dunnow hich also for ms what is the best talent tree to have ?

ty for help

Tatt
05-03-2008, 08:05 AM
MS will always beat fury in pvp, mortal strike makes instant mana drain and makes healers work twice as hard to keep people up.

Brucimus
05-03-2008, 09:05 AM
A Fury Warrior is probably the easiest class to kill in PVP...Arms unfortunately is really Warrior's only option for pvp

Tatt
05-03-2008, 10:11 AM
Curious, why do you think it is the easiest to kill?

Bloodwraith
05-03-2008, 10:28 AM
Curious, why do you think it is the easiest to kill?

When you see a fury warrior they are usually either:

PvE gear which means you will crit them to death

Or they are in PvP gear and arms wins a fight when both have pvp gear

Stoz
05-03-2008, 10:56 AM
any1 know the best talent tree to go ms spec ?

Bloodwraith
05-03-2008, 11:01 AM
any1 know the best talent tree to go ms spec ?

Read the stickies at the top ♥

Ukyo
05-03-2008, 03:01 PM
Or they are in PvP gear and arms wins a fight when both have pvp gear

kek

-Edit-

I should've added a little more than "kek" to my comment lol. Basically you'll want to play with whatever makes you comfortable. If you have 60k honor then i suggest you get some S1 gear and a weapon (mace or sword, axe sucks right now). Then complete the set with some blues that give actual relevant stats (please, don't stack resilience unless it comes with pvp gear). If you're going with Fury spec, you'll need around 100 hit rating, 1700 AP unbuffed, and 32% crit in zerker stance. If you're going arms, then you'll need 1700 AP unbuffed, 30% crit in battle stance and around 80 hit rating. Check Kaz's Guide to check some pvp specs

Stoz
05-04-2008, 04:49 AM
hmm i thougth the axe for 27000 honour from champs hall is best for arms, is the mace better ?

Bloodwraith
05-04-2008, 08:34 AM
hmm i thougth the axe for 27000 honour from champs hall is best for arms, is the mace better ?

The guides at the top explain why maces and swords is better than axes.

Stoz
05-04-2008, 09:12 AM
where?

Stoz
05-04-2008, 09:15 AM
where im lost ? sorry im a noob

Bloodwraith
05-04-2008, 10:33 AM
where im lost ? sorry im a noob

Look at the threads right above this one.

Kazaganthi
05-05-2008, 05:54 AM
A Fury Warrior is probably the easiest class to kill in PVP...Arms unfortunately is really Warrior's only option for pvp

Comments like this make me wantt to come back...:P Arms is the far...far more easier option. Fury can be done, but you need sick gear and you really need to know what you are doing.

Kaz

Ukyo
05-05-2008, 12:39 PM
Comments like this make me wantt to come back...:P Arms is the far...far more easier option. Fury can be done, but you need sick gear and you really need to know what you are doing.

Kaz

omg you're back! :D

Kazeyonoma
05-05-2008, 01:33 PM
Zomg he livez.

velouriam
05-08-2008, 01:54 PM
K so i am new to this forum and i desperatly need some advice regarding this topic. I have been a fury warrior for the majority of my playing. I am geared in s1 helm, s1 chest, s1 pants, s1 gloves s2 shoulders, and s1 main hand sword and s1 offhand sword. I feel i do good in fury spec in pvp...but from what everyone says on websites and what not that arms is way to go to be good in pvp. now i do have enough hp to get the s1 2handed sword, but im not quite sure im ready to go to arms.
Question...is it more important to get fully geared before i get this 2handed sword since i already have two good one handers. or should i just make the plunge now. part of me wants to defy the odds and become a great fury pvp warrior. But am at a point where i dont know what to do. besides...i feel like the bloodlust ability in fury is fairly equal to mortal strike ability. help me decide on what to do

Kazeyonoma
05-08-2008, 02:03 PM
the weapon will be the single biggest upgrade you can give yourself when being an armos warrior. the reason why mortal strike is better for pvp than bloodthirst isn't the damage, it's the debuff.

velouriam
05-08-2008, 02:20 PM
ah true the debuff is nice. but im not an arms warrior yet. so it wouldnt be an upgrade quite yet lol. Just didnt know if i should get all my other gear as a fury since i have good weapons already before i made the switch to arms and got a 2handed. and is it really that much better to be arms for pvp

Kazeyonoma
05-08-2008, 02:26 PM
it definitely is easier, and requires less gear and somewhat is more forgiving in terms of the team makeup your in for arenas.

so do whatever you need to man. and good luck! feel free to ask here for advice if you need.

Brucimus
05-09-2008, 09:58 AM
I have never felt so inept in a battle ground as I did the other day as a 17/44/0 Fury Warrior

I had like 36% crit, 2500AP and 12K HP (buffed) and I was getting owned like no tomorrow. I was even getting beat by Rogues. Which rarely ever happened when I was Arms specced '

Ukyo
05-09-2008, 04:37 PM
I have never felt so inept in a battle ground as I did the other day as a 17/44/0 Fury Warrior

I had like 36% crit, 2500AP and 12K HP (buffed) and I was getting owned like no tomorrow. I was even getting beat by Rogues. Which rarely ever happened when I was Arms specced '

Yes, it is definitely harder than playing with an MS PvP build, but it's doable. Asuming by the stats you present that you didn't had any resilience whatsoever, if not, then you were playing with some geared people in the BG's. Takes a time to get used to pvp'ing with Fury spec, i did it through my rank farming and then when i was lvling did some pvp too. The best thing you can do is keep trying, otherwise, just pay 50g if you don't want to be an easy target while learning.

Kazaganthi
05-12-2008, 06:32 AM
I popped on this weekend. A friend needed help getting points in 2s on his priest. We played fury war/disc priest. We went 7-3 and broke 1850. This with me rusty as all hell. The best game was when we broke a pali/lock combo. I killed the pali in 8 seconds flat. He bubbled and my priest immediately dispelled the shield. The worst game was feral druid/resto druid. It went for over 20 minutes. The problem was they could constantly drink while it was very hard for my priest to. Also it doesn't help when you hit their player for 300 a swing. It was close, but they ended up winning.

Kaz

Kazeyonoma
05-12-2008, 09:32 AM
1850 O_o, in 2s, as fury. that... in of itself is amazing. Kaz you amaze me.