PDA

View Full Version : Nightbane Phase 2 Question

Leytur
05-01-2008, 12:35 PM
Wowwiki says to bunch up when Nightbane takes off, then once the skeletons start to unbunch in order to avoid AOE. They are, however, non-specific as to where the AOE comes from. Is Nightbane's attack on the top aggro healer AOE? Or do the skeletons do some sort of AOE? I was trying to get the raid to bunch up til skeletons spawned, then to get away from our resto shaman to avoid Nightbane's attack on him. Is this a waste?

hbombs
05-01-2008, 12:46 PM
Its not a waste. I dont believe there even is an AOE honestly. He does pick atleast one target and pwn him a bit with some hellfire ish stuff.

You stack up together so the skeletons all spawn in the same spot and your tanks can pick them up. you spread out (as casters or heals maybe) because there should be traps and slows that keep them in the middle this way mages locks can nuke/aoe from far away. If one gets loose It cant run fast and it gives time for that player to a) nuke it or b) tank taunts it.

(ehh if this info is wrong i apologize in advance)

kawika
05-01-2008, 02:40 PM
he does an ability called rain of bones on a targeted player and does a aoe damage in a small radius. there's a much larger aoe that hits everyone if anyone in the raid is too far from him.

for a while...i used stratholme holy water to help hold agro on the skellies.

Leytur
05-01-2008, 04:03 PM
Those skeletons are a bear to tank as a warrior (pardon the pun). Thunderclap/DemoShout/Cleave is just not enough to keep them off the AOE casters. Anyways, the idea of keeping melee in and casters out will help.

Thanks for the ideas.

Raize
05-01-2008, 05:54 PM
As a warrior, just keep thunderclap and demoralising shout up, and be prepared to taunt off skeletons that aren't on you at the time. Challenging shout is a good option on the last pack of skeletons to ensure a smoother finish.

Unless your group is AOE heavy, then honestly its generally not a good idea to try and aoe down the skeletons. Assist off someone, preferably someone melee who can take a hit. This way there shouldn't be too many running loose.

Make sure your healers avoid heavy heals when the skeletons first land, as the Rain of Bones debuff and heal agro from skeletons generally results in a dead healer.

Its ok to have the raid spread out initally once the skeletons are down, however if you move too far away from that spot, Nightbane will start firing down on the raid making life very unpleasant.