PDA

View Full Version : 2v2 : Warrior/Hunter or Warrior/Rogue

Aegiskan
05-01-2008, 11:51 AM
Hi,
I've been wondering if it was possible to reach a good rating with a Warrior/Hunter or Warrior/Rogue setup. We're in the 1600 bracket so far, but our strategy mostly rely on bursting one of the opposite team player as fast as possible and then 2v1 the remaining player.
I fear that it will become harder as we progress in the higher rating, because we will most likely encounter higher resilience geared opponents and they will be harder to kill quickly.

Is it possible to fare well with this setup or do we have to get a healer?

griiffo
05-02-2008, 09:05 AM
imo simply no your burst technique will lose its advantage as targets get higher resiliance and in case of healer/dps i cant see how you could win feel free to prove me wrong though

Aegiskan
05-02-2008, 12:12 PM
imo simply no your burst technique will lose its advantage as targets get higher resiliance and in case of healer/dps i cant see how you could win feel free to prove me wrong though

I don't have the arena experience to prove you wrong. That is exactly the kind of answer I was looking for even if that is a bit sad that we'll have to find a healer of some kind, thanks.

Maybe I should rephrase my question: Have you ever lost to a 2 dps team in the 1800+ bracket?

ebs2002
05-02-2008, 01:40 PM
I would think a war/rogue would do well against shammy/priest healers if the two of you can keep him interrupted and avoid/resist their fear. A druid would be doable if you can keep him slowed. A pally would be rough for two physical-damage teams.

byechee
05-02-2008, 01:44 PM
warrior rogue works because of how well a rogue can shut down any caster. the dmg coupled with MS pretty much rapes face. pallies are the only healer that can really hurt such a comp due to bop, but if you have the gear to gib a dps down fast, the bop shouldn't be that much of an issue. against any healer+melee teams you guys should be able to win fairly easily, as no healer is going to be able to heal themselves and a melee eating SS+ww's.

double dps with a warrior isn't easy, but it can be rewarding and fun.

Ukyo
05-02-2008, 08:14 PM
double dps with a warrior isn't easy, but it can be rewarding and fun.

True that!

To make it work, you'll need gear, timing and awesome coordination to make it work. You might lose sometimes, you even might get discouraged and try to find a healer in pvp. But you'll have some good times, and tons of fun doing arenas with this combo.

So, i'd suggest you try it and see what happens. And if you need to check what the combo is like, i'd suggest you track down the people we trampled yesterday with a friend XD!

Aegiskan
05-03-2008, 01:28 AM
I'll let you know about our progression.
We were always in the 1500 bracket until we decided to do arena all night until we would hit 1600, it was a first for us and it was really rewarding indeed.
I was planning of reaching 1700 next week, maybe that's a bit high to aim at but we'll see how it goes.

Thanks for all the feedback!