PDA

View Full Version : DPS Warrior Consumables?

Gurrgel
05-01-2008, 07:05 AM
I'm a prot warrior, who's the warrior class leader in my guild, since I haven't been fury specced for quite some time, I figured I may as well ask some questions about what I can demand from dps warriors to bring to raids.

Which consumables are the ones that DPS warriors should use?

How do Battle + Guardian Elixir compare to Flask of Relentless Assault

Which battle elixir should be used? (Onslaught Elixirs / Elixirs of Major Agility / Mongoose Elixirs?), which (if any) Guardian Elixirs?

Which food is prefered for fury (or arms) warriors?

Which potions are best to improve your dps, Haste Potions or something else?

Any other consumables I've forgotten about?

What stats can I demand from a warrior who starts to raid Karazhan?

Kream
05-01-2008, 09:29 AM
Which consumables are the ones that DPS warriors should use?

How do Battle + Guardian Elixir compare to Flask of Relentless Assault

Which battle elixir should be used? (Onslaught Elixirs / Elixirs of Major Agility / Mongoose Elixirs?), which (if any) Guardian Elixirs?

Which food is prefered for fury (or arms) warriors?

Which potions are best to improve your dps, Haste Potions or something else?

Any other consumables I've forgotten about?

What stats can I demand from a warrior who starts to raid Karazhan?

+20 Str food
+20 hit rating food (only if they aren't hit capped)
Flask of Relentless assault is pretty much the best choice for elixirs
Haste Potion > Insane Strength Potion unless the haste causes problems maintaining a slam rotation
Bring Sharpening Stones

What stats you can demand depends more on your guild than what is needed for Kara.

I as class leader required hit cap (95 w/ precision), 1/2 Imp WW, Bloodthirst, Impale, 1400 AP for fury warriors and hit cap (142), Blood Frenzy, Imp Slam, 3/5 Flurry, and Quartz addon for arms warriors. I was trying to go for stats/talents that guaranteed some amount of success without trying to force a spec. One thing that really ought to be required, but is most likely to cause backlash is 5/5 Imp Demo Shout. This allows CoR to be placed on a mob without side effects and is worth 800 Armor Pen. In the grand scheme of things, your dps warriors should be the ones maintaining Demo Shout anyways as they have the free cooldowns to do so.

Sources:
DPS Warrior Compendium - Elitist Jerks (http://elitistjerks.com/f31/t22705-dps_warrior_compendium/)
http://www.tankspot.com/forums/damage-per-second-discussion/36552-dw-fury-guide-5th-edition.html

ebs2002
05-01-2008, 09:56 AM
For Kara, 2/5 imp demo shout should suffice, unless you're very melee heavy (ie, more than half of your dps is physical damage)

Crimsonstorm
05-01-2008, 10:03 AM
120 AP flask is best.
If not that, Agi potions are next best, there isnt really a good guardian elixir.

20 str food is best. (Need to be hit capped form gear imo). 40 AP food is 2nd.

Sharpening/Weightstone on your Offhand is best. It adds 12 damage to BOTH weapons plus the crit. It is superior to both the sunwell weapon coating, and to elemental sharpening stone.

MH needs to be open to receive Windfury. If no shaman in the group, then another stone for mainhand.

Strength and Agility scrolls can also be stacked in addition, if youre going all out.

Haste potions are best consumable, use during execute phase with recklessness is best, also that way you dont waste them on non-kills very much.

Gurrgel
05-01-2008, 07:53 PM
thanks a lot for the answers, they should be all I need to write something down :)

ebs2002
05-02-2008, 11:00 AM
Sharpening stone on the offhand increases your main-hand damage? Are you sure on that? Not that I don't believe you, just that this is the first I've heard it.

I know that as an orc, if I have an axe mainhand but not offhand, I don't get -1.25% dodge on my offhand swings. So I had always assumed that it was offhand damage, and crit rating overall (ie, main/off/yellow all increased crit chance)

Corbusier
05-02-2008, 11:02 AM
Sharpening stone on the offhand increases your main-hand damage? Are you sure on that? Not that I don't believe you, just that this is the first I've heard it.

Yep, tested it myself, and so have others. Applies to non-weapon-based damage like Execute & BT as well.

Ahx
05-11-2008, 03:07 PM
Yep, tested it myself, and so have others. Applies to non-weapon-based damage like Execute & BT as well.

Learn something new every day.