PDA

View Full Version : Some Hints against Priest?

Gaamrok
05-01-2008, 12:37 AM
Hi Guys,

first of all,.. please excuse my bad english ;-)

I've got some huge problems in 2v2 Arena against Priest (careless what spec). For myself I'm playing with a holy paladin and it seems to work fine for us, but to be honest I'm biting into my desk if we get enemie Teams with a priest...

I just can't gather enough rage to burst him when the shield goes down. It's also a very short period of time I have, cause it takes to long..
Also, I know all the "tricks".. Sunder him up, keep Rage for HS and burst him if the shield fades, but its not enough..
I'm using Stormherald (has a 3.8 Speed) and sometimes I think its the low speed that kills me. For Example: If the Shield has ~100 HP left and i have to wait for 3.8sec to get a new strike, this can make a huge difference, but it can't be the key of the problem..

Should I MS and HS him when he is in bubble? Actually I do, but maybe its a failure? I dont know..

Locking forward to some hints :-)

Greetings Gaam

Ukyo
05-01-2008, 03:12 AM
The forum's kinda dead, so it might take a while to get some responses of people that actually are more experienced than me, but i usually save MS for those shields, and keep some rage around. Don't burn Bloodrage in the beginning and don't q HS unless you want the burst after the shield is down. Try to keep 10 rage for pummeling and other than that is mostly luck. Priests are our counters now, so we're pretty much screwed xD.

GL ^^

Kream
06-05-2008, 02:47 AM
I always keep WW available to deal with PW:S since I need the MS debuff up, and try to keep plenty of rage available. For healing you may need to pummel, wait 2 seconds, back off to intercept, pummel again. I'd try waiting for a good opportunity and combine Hammer of Justice + Deathwish + Rage Dump.

Bloodwraith
06-05-2008, 04:54 AM
In dreasus's guide (sticky at the top) it has how to beat each class as a warrior

here is what he said for priest:

Priest:

#Discipline
- If they have Reflective Shield talented, they can give you a hard time. However, interrupt his Shadow or Holy spell, both is beneficial.
- Try to get him Sunder Armored, and use your cooldowns helping your damage (Death Wish, trinket, etc) when you just broke a Power Word:Shield.
- Watch out for Psychic Screams, if you get a full time fear, you're fairly lost.
- Use Intercept on every cooldown, but try to do it so when he doesn't have Power Word:Shield up.

#Shadow
- It is crucial to interrupt his Vampiric Embrace (because ten Shadow Priests from ten will start with it after Shadow Word:Pain), against Shadow Priests, every single second counts. If you interrupt his first Vampiric Embrace, step back and use Intercept. If you are extremely lucky you can Pummel his next one, but if not, at least you've won time.
- Interrupt Mind Flays - Mind Blasts, whenever you can.
- It's not a waste to use 1-2 Sunder Armor when you have a free Global Cooldown.
- Use Intercept on every cooldown, but try to do it so when he doesn't have Power Word:Shield up.
- It's not really worth using Spell Reflection, you have to fight in Berserker Stance for Pummels, most likely you'll have a lot of Rage, and a Stance switch can be more devastating to the fight overall than it would've been to take that spell.
- Trinket out of Blackout, but nothing else.

Kazeyonoma
06-05-2008, 09:10 AM
If you're having problems with rage against a priest, why are you using heroic strike?

Heroic strike, although powerful, isn't worth the rage loss just for 196 more damage. whirlwind/mortal strike/white hit him down, keep him hamstrung, pummel heals, and intercept when available. there isn't much else you can do other than that, save rage and blow him down, remember, don't use heroic strike, it really isn't worth it. and being maces although the stun is awesome, when i was mace spec'd using deep thunder, i had the same problem, spending long periods not bursting down shields, and not being able to crit. So it's more of a patience game with maces. I'm glad I went swords whenever I see a priest, his shields don't stand a chance against sword procs.

Kazaganthi
06-05-2008, 10:54 AM
If you're having problems with rage against a priest, why are you using heroic strike?

Heroic strike, although powerful, isn't worth the rage loss just for 196 more damage. whirlwind/mortal strike/white hit him down, keep him hamstrung, pummel heals, and intercept when available. there isn't much else you can do other than that, save rage and blow him down, remember, don't use heroic strike, it really isn't worth it. and being maces although the stun is awesome, when i was mace spec'd using deep thunder, i had the same problem, spending long periods not bursting down shields, and not being able to crit. So it's more of a patience game with maces. I'm glad I went swords whenever I see a priest, his shields don't stand a chance against sword procs.

Kazis dead on. Also vS Shadow as Dreasus said, interrupting vampiric embrace can't be overstated enough. Save your deathwish for after pain suppresion drops unless the rogue is on you.

Porkins
06-05-2008, 04:25 PM
I play a 2k rated disc priest. At the beginning of the fight you will have rage problems. Once you are through the first shield save up rage for 2 mortal strikes. Keep the debuff up and watch the priest's weakened soul debuff. Once it falls off get ready for another shield to be thrown up. Mortal Strike the shield. By doing this you are preventing rage starvation by using instant yellow damage. Your next auto attack should give you a good amount of rage.

Other then that, try and keep sunders up on the priest.