PDA

View Full Version : Re-evaluating Haste Items (Fury/Prot DPS)

ebs2002
04-30-2008, 09:59 AM
Now that we have data implying that haste rating doesn't gimp rage generation, does this mean that some of the items previously dismissed as sub-par have become viable?

Take for example Legplates of Unending Fury. It has hit, haste and strength, so its itemization points are well distributed. Haste rating will certainly help with execute range, and will generate more rage, meaning you can Heroic Strike more frequently. It would also help at the start of a fight where your starting at 10 rage and smacking an un-sundered mob (maybe this is just because my fury gear could use some upgrades, but I've found that it takes a few seconds before I can start my rotation).

Obviously, those legs aren't as good as if they had crit on them in place of hit or haste, but these aren't so bad as to be easily dismissed, are they?

Corbusier
04-30-2008, 10:04 AM
It doesn't really change much as far as the value of haste relative to other stats. Ever since the haste "nerf" a while ago, people automatically think it's a bad stat. It's not, but it IS less valuable than crit or strength or ArP and about as good as hit (for fury at least).

Items such as those legs are actually very good, and those specifically are on par with the S3 legs as well as the new badge leather legs. The items that should be avoided have haste and very few other stats such as Belt of Seething Fury.

What makes them good despite the amount of haste is the i-lvl of the item, which means it simply has more stats than an item of lower i-lvl.

Crimsonstorm
04-30-2008, 04:04 PM
Haste is somewhere around 80% as good as strength. (90% as good as 2AP).

Those, and most helpful if you actually need the hit rating. They arent as good as S4 will be, or the Bloodboil legs which have Str/Crit/ArmorPen

ebs2002
05-01-2008, 09:42 AM
My rule has always been "if it has 3+ different stats that I care about, and one is attack power, then it's worth it". Haste/hit/str, str/crit/arp, haste/arp/str, etc.

Since I already have S3 legs, though, I won't be buying those legs anyway, it was just a thought exercise.

I just wanted to verify that the weighing of stats take into consideration that more haste also means more heroic strikes as well as more white damage, and not just more white damage. I guess that's why the "it's on par with hit" kind of bothered me; because it affects more than just your white damage, whereas hit only affects white damage.

Corbusier
05-01-2008, 09:53 AM
I just wanted to verify that the weighing of stats take into consideration that more haste also means more heroic strikes as well as more white damage, and not just more white damage. I guess that's why the "it's on par with hit" kind of bothered me; because it affects more than just your white damage, whereas hit only affects white damage.
While this is true, keep in mind that "hasted" misses generate no rage. It's not that big a deal, but it's worth keeping in mind when comparing the rage generation potential of both stats.