PDA

View Full Version : Hyjal Trash initial aggro?

hbombs
04-30-2008, 07:45 AM
It seems like whoever is closest to the trash wave gets initial aggro. Do you guys put your palladin tank in front just ahead of prot warrs and then whoever may be CCing? We didnt do this and we used his shield to pull ghouls but im thinking that may not be the best way.

since when i went to tank the necros some ghouls and various other mobs would be stuck on me.

we got rage down in 5 goes (trash wipes included) but would just like to get better at it.

ttocs
04-30-2008, 09:32 AM
Yes, whoever is closest is the guy who gets initial aggro.

We don't use a protadin, but myself or one of the other tanks will stand up front and gain initial aggro. The hunters then mark certain targets to kite around (to aggro the NPCs), and then bring them back to the tanks to taunt off.

For spell reflect waves (ones that include necromancers and/or banshees), have the prot warrior (if there is one) stand up front and gain initial aggro. Try to get 25 rage (when youre first doing it rage potions help here), and spell reflect the shadowbolts while running back towards the raid. They'll need to spam heal you for a bit while the CC goes off, but that's the easiest way to do that trash.

Shortypop
04-30-2008, 09:35 AM
I don't have the largest experience at hyjal but we stand all the tanks in amongst the npc footmen. Our pally uses his shield to pull the ghouls, the rest of the tanks pick up the abominations and other "biggies" - making sure to split the damage around the tanks a bit. We let the footmen take the first shadow bolts as if all the necromancers (?) bolt the same tank it can be fatal. Generally the necros don't run forward so they can be sheeped easily out of aoe range.

Minirage
04-30-2008, 09:33 PM
Our basic strat is as follows:

1. Have protadin ahead of the entire raid, and ten yards from where he will aoe tanking.
2. Protadin avenger shield follwed by concecrate, then he runs 10 yards back to his aoe tank position.
3. Two off tanks (sometimes two ferals, sometimes feral + warrior...doesnt matter) flank the protadin and pull large mobs off (like aboms).
4. I, a prot warrior, runs up and tanks all the casters. Rogues and mages follow me up to sheep them, rogues assist me in killing the casters.

This all happens real fast and like clockwork, never any issues.

maddfez
05-01-2008, 07:25 AM
We have a shaman put a totem 40 yards ahead down the road, just to give us half a second to mark. I'll stand just in front of our prot pally with a tiny bit of blood rage aggro. I'll spell reflect the first volley of SBs while grabbing an abom or two and pulling them back towards the ranged dps. Our pally holy wraths and gets most of the mobs. Our ferals help out the melee on the casters or pull aboms off the pally tank depending on the particular pull.

Nicki
05-01-2008, 11:45 AM
Holy Wrath.

wewt hello! :)